close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just got my first Glock, a 27

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BMW FW25, Mar 15, 2003.

1. BMW FW25

BMW FW25

Just got my first Glock, a 27. Any suggestions on accessories such as holsters, night sights, or any modifications that have worked well for you. Thanks in advance for the advice. :)

2. peeto

peeto

My fist was a G27 as well...I added Pearce grip (NOT +1's), and XS Big Dots seeing as it is my carry weapon...I might consider removing the Pearce grips and learn to let the pinky dangle below...that way it is easier to conceal...great choice tho and I love the fast shooting with the Big Dots...congrats

3. JerryR

JerryR

Congratulations, you chose wisely...

I have Trijicons on mine and that's all she needs! I also use a Galco Undercover holster.

If you add a grip extension you loose a fair amount of concealability and then you may as well get a 23. I've got one of those as well, but for CCW, the 27 works great for me.

Now remember, practice, practice, practice.

4. MKSpangler

MKSpangler

My first and only Glock isa 27. I have put MepProLight sights on it and then use pierce extensions on the extra magazines. That way I have 10 rounds in the pistol and 10 in each of the for magazine that I carry. It is easier to count that way. It also emptys a box of ammo.

5. xcia

xcia

Do what ever you feel comfy with. This is how I do it. Glock 27 with trijicons, arotek titanium guide rod (locktite the plug), houge slipover rubber grip, pierce pinky extension. 155 gold dots. Tetra greased barrel/slide, miltech lube on on the trigger bar. Glock 22 non-drop free mag with the plus 2 extension as a back up mag carried in left front pocket with a sure fire 6p, xenon bulb and lanyard. Sidearmor IWB holster with the 1.25 inch 15 degree cant. Rockport shoes with a vibram sole. New soles. No shine. A match box with fake $100 bill glued to it in my front shirt pocket for a distraction device.

Sigarms acadamy training concealed carry I, advanced tactical techniques, low light shooting. 18 years carrying for safety and profession.

CCI TMJ 155 to train with. IDPA meets when I can get it in.

$1,000,000 personal liability insurance. A good defense attorney phone number in my cell phone. Concealed permits in an envelope taped shut and concealed in my wallet.

I respect every one I meet. And mentally formulate a plan to kill them. I dress as if I were on welfare unless I am required to do otherwise. My cars are 30 years old. Yet I am a millionaire. And I intend on staying alive.

6. Pred8tory

Pred8tory Retired Copper Lifetime Member

Trijicon night sights

Fobus paddle holster

Highnoon Mr. Softy IWB holster

Alessi Ankle holster

DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster

I recommend one of the good 180gr loads for it, or 165gr Golden Sabers.

Good luck with you 27, it's a great little pistol.

7. B Coyote

B Coyote

Meprolight Night Sights.
    A good holster and magazine carrier of your choosing. I prefer Sidearmor.
    Extra Magazines. I use G23 magazines as my spare. I also have one magazine with a Pearce Finger Rest (again, the kind that does not add capacity).
    Ammo, ammo, ammo, ammo. Winchester White Box is $8.87 at WalMart.
    A safety course. Call the NRA to get details of what's available in your area.

Good luck with your G27...You've chosen wisely.

bc

8. BrandonK

BrandonK

Well, I'm NOT a millionaire. I'm poor. My car is rather old and I don't wear the hotest clothing fashions. Like you, I do try to respect every one that I meet. But, I find that comment pertaining to "mentally formulate a plan to kill them" disturbing. I train a lot in a the martial arts. I mentally formulate plans to neutralize the threat that I may encounter. That doesn't allways mean that I will have to kill them or maim them for life. IF you think that everyone is out to get you ALL the time, you become REALLY paranoid. I used to be that way. I try to be aware of my surroundings and people. But, at the same time, I'm preparing myself for my own death. We are all going to die sometime. There are several times in my life when I probably should have died. We all have different beliefs about life and death. I was raised as a Catholic. I am a Christian. Yet, I have a strong interest in martial arts and guns among other things. Those interests might conflict with my beliefs if I start gettting too paranoid. So it's a matter of moderation. Now that I've lost my job, and can't afford to shoot much these days, much of my training is physical these days. So to sum things up, enjoy the time and money while you have it. Help others whenever possible.