close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just got my C&R license

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by bithabus, Feb 2, 2010.

1. bithabus

bithabus

Only took 3 weeks! I'll buy a CZ 52 for sure. What else do I need? :cool:

2. thornesguns

thornesguns

there is alot you need!!! get a tokarev as well. i love my cz-52, the penetration of that round is amazing. now that u got your c&r go to places like www.aimsurplus.com and www.southernohiogun.com and get urself a cheap russian mosin. www.southernohiogun.com also has some nice mausers for sale. and a bulgarian makarov wich would be nice if it is c&r the cz-82 is c&r and is a great gun, extreemly accurate and soft shooting also great for concealed carry. have fun and stock up while you can

3. bobby_w

bobby_w Alienigena Platinum Member

You can now also get Dealer discounts at many online companies like Midway, Natchez, Brownells, Graf and Sons....

Scan your FFL as a JPEG or PDF and save it. Call or Email them and wait for them to contact you and then just attach it to the email and they will set you up with a Dealers account.

Anybody I deal with, before I order, I always ask if they give FFL discounts.

4. CajunBass

CajunBass Silver Member

I'll second the CZ-82. Great little gun and is my day to day carry gun.

Get yourself a Nagant revolver too. They're cheap and just weird enough to be a "must have" even if you never shoot it.

5. JDSTG58

JDSTG58

CZ52 was the first on my list. Its a great gun. Next was Tokeravs (a Yugo and a Romanian). I like the longer grip of the Yugo, but mags are hard to find for them. The last of this last years C&R for me was a CZ82. CZ 82 is a very well made relatively modern gun at a low price. I got lucky with mine and found it for $175 with 2 holsters and 4 mags. My next will be a Garand from CMP.

Others that are on the list are:
    Swiss K31
    K98 Mauser
    more Mosin Nagant M44s
    Nagant revolver
    Russian SKS

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  6. serger

serger

Bulgarian Makarov's are not C&R's. But I would get Mausers! And the CZ 82, A Russian or East German(Good luck with that) SKS. And an ARGENTINE SISTEMA 1927 ! They are fantastic 1911's.

7. deadite

deadite Groovy.

I wish I could've given you my C&R license. I used it once and then sold the gun to someone else. That was the story of my C&R.

deadite

8. bustedknee

bustedknee The Snowflakes have invaded GT

There are some wonderful old 22 rifles out there.

If they were made before 1960 you are good to go.

Don"t forget those well-made pre-64 Winchesters.

9. oldfort

oldfort

Russian Mod 95 Nagant revolver, if you can still find them. All of mine were in excellent condition for $79 with holster and accs. I use Fed .32H&R mag JHP's in them, per I-O Surplus insructions. I was lucky enough to buy several Swiss K31's rifles for $89. Russian Mosin Nagant rifles are still out there at under $100. English Enfield rifles are a good investment. My advice is to load up on the cheap, quality firearms in the best condition first. All of the surplus dealers that have one or two pages of firearms now, had twenty pages 5-10 years ago. They seem to be drying up. Surplus Mausers, K31's, and Mosin Finn's are selling for more now than a new Marlin and Stevens bolt. Check Milsurpshooter.Net for C&R dealer links. Good luck.

FWIW, there is a rumor that some WWII US firearms may be coming back from the western rim for surplus sales. Keep your eyes open for them.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  10. College_EMT

College_EMT Guest

WTH, mine has been in over a month and I haven't heard anything.

I did just buy a CZ-52 last week from a private seller at a really good price so I'm already on my way. Now if classic arms would just send out my ammo already....

11. bithabus

bithabus

Already sent Copies to Midway and Brownells.The money I'll save will be much more than $30. I'm not really into old guns but it will be cool to order one or two and have them show up on my doorstep.