just got done loading some 9x25 dillon

3124 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  dervisivitz dokes
got 500 done.... now I need more 10mm brass

115gr hap 12+ grains of imr 800x 1920fps :dancing:

Reactions: Taterhead
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
8,238 Posts
That's really cool. Those are almost carbine ballistics there.

How'd they group? What firearm are they for?

Would you mind sharing the process that you use for case forming? Dillon dies?

· Registered
270 Posts

You guys....I can't quite get my .357 Siggies to do that just yet...not quite.
http://www.glocktalk.com/threads/9x25-loading-data.228796/
M.King, look in there yet? You're starting with 800X at high volume so I'm wondering: how'd your drop variance go? +-.1g etc? See, 800X, aka widowmaker/ bipolar powder/carpel-tunnel powder is love-hate 'cause it's awesome velocity but it's gotta be hand-measure only if you want to be safe and sure. So let us know your powder drop accuracy/variance charge to charge? You get it within .1g per drop, you've got our attention (see thread on 800X under 10mm reloading in same gun club category as the 9x25). You know those people that disappear with no explanation whatsoever? 800X. Yup. That's what gets 'em.

****edit note****SAFETY*** watch your pressure, OP, though 800X generates lower P than other powders there is a limit and 10mm brass is rated up to only...37500 I believe, not the 40000 that .357 Sig is, just sayin'. That's the weakness in the Dillon 9x25.

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

group not to bad 20 yards off handed

Dillon dies

lone wolf 6'' ported barrel

g20 4th gen

loading not to hard just run the 10mm case through the resizing die its a little bit harder to resize if it was once fired 10mm but new brass is easy

if you are not using a Dillon press you need to bell a little bit i used my 9mm bell

seating die and crimping die are different so you have to change out the die once again its 4 stages on a single stage press took me forever to load 500 of them

all were hand weighted using the hornady lock and load powder dispenser

· Registered
1,556 Posts
I bet you cry when you lose your brass. 10mm brass is not often found on the range. I've owned a couple of 10mm pistols, didn't shoot them much because brass was hard to find. It was even worse with the .400 Corbon!
s45

· Registered
40,442 Posts
I keep thinking I want a 6" bbl for my G20, just to get my vel fix. I can get 115gr to 1550fps in my 357sig/5", I would think 1800fps+ doable w/o bending anything in a 6". I would give LS a try, just not a fan of 800x. I would be unhappy with "patterns" like that @ 20yds.
And yes I search long & hard for my brass at the range.:dog:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.