close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just got back from Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Never Nervous, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Never Nervous

Never Nervous

Took my 2nd gen G23 to Glock to day and man what an experience. The armorer changed everything in the slide and most of the parts in the frame except the trigger. They also swapped out my 3 mags for the correct 13 round mags. I also noticed that they put a bit more oil on the gun than I usually do and from what I hear on the forum. I liked the way it felt before but now it is a bit more peppy (if that is a word). :supergrin:

2. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

I would love to go there. Do they have like a tour or anything.

3. TNGlockman

TNGlockman NRA Member

They don't do tours. You just have to wait in the lobby until they finish with your gun. :crying:

4. SCC

SCC just me

and it is a very small room :shocked:

5. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

That IS the tour :)

If you take the armorers class, you get to tour the classroom, the (small) lobby, the front office and the bathroom.

If you take the advanced armorers class, you actually get to tour part of the "factory" - at least you used to get to - I'm not sure if that still applies.

======

Dillion Aero used to let you tour the gatling gun manufacturing factory - but not anymore :crying: Since the production is for the Federal Government - the Feds didn't like everyday folks seeing the production of this weapon.

6. LABMAN

LABMAN GLOCK 20SF 10MM

Back in the early days of Glock, (I had one of the first 1300 guns in the US), you had to go out there to replace adj rear sight with a fixed one (I was in Georgia). They were so excited to have customers that they treated you like a "stockholder" and you got a tour of every square inch of the place and talked to everyone there, and you left with a suitcase full of brochures and "stuff".

Nowdays, they really don't like to let you go anywhere except to the restroom, and there are probably cameras in there. My, how times have changed...

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  7. VA_Glocker

VA_Glocker

Do they charge for replacements or is it FREE?

8. SCC

SCC just me

I sure it was free

9. FEDLEO

FEDLEO I'm the rootenist tootenist shootenist

I wonder why? Insurance I guess?

10. Mhiett

Mhiett God is Love.

But it's a gun lovers lobby. Not a boring Drs office lobby.

11. Never Nervous

Never Nervous

It was free. While I was there a guy with a Gen 4 G22 was there complaining about a trigger problem. If he held the gun pointed to the floor, the trigger would work. If he held it up to fire it would work. Hope he got it fixed.

12. cciman

cciman

They don't want you to see the short little men with pointy ears making the guns in the back.

Top secret to the perfection. Intellectual property and all. I think they use jell-O modes to make the frames. Elves in GA... who would have thought!!

Actually, you could have done all that to your gun yourself without traveling to GA.

Now you have a peppy gun!!! Peppy perfection!

13. Never Nervous

Never Nervous

14. den888

den888

Sounds like a good experience...

15. SGT45

SGT45 Silver Member

Me Too! My PD sent me to the advanced Armorers course at the Plant in 1990, YEAH 1990!!! I toured the factory, Got to "Test" the 10mm and .45ACP. in that small, insulated, 2 lane range at the factory then. They made me shoot "Proof" loads. All I remember is that I did not like the recoil of the 10mm w/ the proof loads.

Some old Names to spark your memory

- Al Bell, Instructor
    - Chris and Rob were the Main armorers/repair room at the factory. If I remember correctly, one of the guys in the armorers room, his wife was a "Weather Channel" reporter/host.
    - Gates was a big wig
    - Doug, "who is still there" used to be in the warehouse.
    - Bill Haberland (spelling?) was in charge of parts etc.
    - Anyone remember Dick Egolf? He was my Contact for the PD in 1987.
    - There were a few more in the Mix. I forget who the "#2" guy was at the time, hopefully I will remember soon.

- Al Corbett (spelling?) was a research/armorer. He appeared to be "In the Know".

Like you, I received a lot of "Stuff"- A Glock Knife, Mega parts, some night sights etc. Guess they were the good old days. Haven't been there since.

Hey-I just remembered some other names! (amazing what a few beers will do for ya) Anyone remember Pete Tarley or Emanuel Kappelsohn (spelling ? on each).

- I remember "Manny" Kapplesohn preaching Glocks when we were in the "DOD SWAT" Training in 1986, Before anyone ever heard of Glock. I was trying to get the "Then Military wonder nine" Beretta 92 SF's for my PD since the JSSAP tests touted them. Giving "Manny" credit- he was right about Glocks.

- There was a Lieutenant of the DOD, I think it was Tom Meyers(?) back then while we were training for SWAT. He liked the Glocks. Funny thing- He was promoted in the DOD (1986)- Then I heard he went to work for "H&K" He referred to our guys as the guys from "LOWER GONAD". We were from " Lower Gwynedd" PA.

Hey, If any of you forum members, or aforementioned Instructors/officers/armorers/employees are out there, please contact me. It would be great to rehash and talk about old times.

I retired once from a PD already. I am now a Chief and plan on carrying my "GLOCKS" until I retire again (15 years until 65).

I would really like to hear from any of the aforementioned Glock employees and anyone who went thru/received the same treatment/ training.

16. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

Homeland Security....:dunno:

17. Line Rider

Line Rider

I have made the holy trip to Smyrna three times for Armorers school. They are all business during the course. And I can understand 30 to 35 gun nuts on a tour of the plant would take 2 hours. :wow: There's no telling about many Glocks would follow us home. :rofl:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010