Just got an interesting e-mail from Buds

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Glocks&Ducs, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

They sent an e-mail with the 20 most popular firearms they sold this past year. In order, from most to least popular. Granted, it looks more like a marketing ploy to show you the guns they would prefer you to buy, but I thought it was interesting nonetheless. I kind of figured Glocks would have been better represented, and that the Ruger LCP or Kel-Tec would have made the list, if not both.

1. Smith&Wesson SW9VE
    2. Sig Sauer 2022 9mm
    3. Smith&Wesson SW40VE
    4. Glock 37 45 GAP
    5. Hi-Point 380ACP
    6. Springfield Armory XDM 9mm
    7. Remington 870 Express
    8. Double Star 15 CAR
    9. Springfield Armory XD 40S&W 4"
    10. Smith&Wesson M&P 9mm
    11. Springfield Armory XD 9mm 4"
    12. Beretta 92FS
    13. Springfield Armory XD 40S&W 3"
    14. Hi-Point 45ACP
    15. Smith&Wesson M&P 9mm Pro Series
    16. Walther P22
    17. Springfield Armory XD 9mm 3"
    18. Interstate Arms 12 GA Defender
    19. Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm
    20. Hi-Point 9mm

2. KB2MBC

KB2MBC NRA Life Member

I got the same email. A Hi-Point 380ACP coming in 5th? They're FUGLY!

3. 20South

20South

I havent checked my e-mail yet, but that list looks a lot like the pieces they offer deep discounts (compared to my local) on. I saw that G37 on there for 379.00. That alone was almost enough to make me consider buying it.

4. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

I kind of thought it was funny that the 9mm Sigma came in first. Even after all the Glocks I have had, I just had to pick one of these up because they are so inexpensive. I even made it a point to go to the dealer on the last day of the $50 rebate offer only to find out the next day that it has been extended until April.

5. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

I also wouldn't mind picking up another G37, but I simply don't have the funds right now. Money will be tight for me until about mid February or so. All of my home, auto, and life insurance payments come due in January so any extra cash is out of the question this time of year. Not to mention, these are the two months where the power bill is the highest due to the heat running all the time.

6. furioso2112

furioso2112

The list only incudes the top 20 selling guns that they CURRENTLY HAVE IN STOCK. I saw the e-mail and htought it was an odd list until I saw the disclaimer. They might not have sold ANY of those guns - if the 20 guns they sold the most of were all out of stock(and it would stand to reason that many of them would be), the these might also be the 20 WORST selling guns of the year.

7. ElevatedThreat

ElevatedThreat NRA Member

Most people buy guns as a tool, or as protection, and not as a hobby or passion.

Hence, lots of very inexpensive guns, lots of very utilitarian guns.

Not really TOO surprising....

-ET

8. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Jeez, thought I was the only one. My sewer and water bills are due quarterly - now, one (large) component of property taxes is due now, one life insurance policy, auto insurance, a corporate tax by 1/31...and the same with lopsided energy bills...auto vehicle registration, all range dues, NRA recertifications, state certifications, professional dues and certifications, general liability insurance, firearms trainer insurance...:faint:

Back on topic, if they went thru that much trouble they should have shown some numbers too...:cool:

9. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

I seriously doubt the list is that different if they include the out of stock guns. I was about to say the same thing as ET. If you look at most of the guns on the list, they have one thing in common. Cheap price.

10. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

Must be a lot of people disappointed with Smith & Wesson out there...

11. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

I don't know. I asked around before I got mine. From what I am understanding, the latest VE models are good to go with the only complaint being the trigger, and it sure is horrible from what I can tell just by dry firing it. They appear to be reliable and accurate, and S&W will do a trigger job for you if let them know it is bad.

I will tell you how bad it feels though. Have you ever had one of those dreams where you are trying to pull the trigger on your Glock and it is really squishy feeling and nothing happens when it runs out of rearward travel? Well, that is exactly how the Sigma feels, except it has this really subtle yet hard break (is that possible? :headscratch:) right when you think you have pulled the trigger back as far as it will go. It is really odd feeling.

12. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

Yeah, the High Points may give one pause, until you realize that most folks just want protection, any kind of protection. They're not "interested in", "aware of", or "into" guns the way some of us are. Hence a lot of .380's and 9mm's, for those not used to shooting. And more females involved who may be concerned with a gun's "kick".

They just want to protect themselves and their families, and to them......a gun is a gun is a gun. The less it costs them, the more they can spend on Huggies.

13. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

i got the same email , yawn ..

14. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

They are almost all sub 500.00 guns, with several being under 300.
    I don't find this surprising at all, especially in this economy