close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just got a OWB holster need help.

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by James9109, Jan 9, 2010.

1. James9109

James9109 Glock Fanatic

Ok I got my first Glock back in the middle of November and just recieved my custom made holster. This is the first time I have ever used a holster and I'm not sure how to wear it correctly.

Thanks James

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

OK.. call me crazy, but it would help a lot if you told us.. "WHAT TYPE OF HOLSTER".. There's a lot of OWB's out there.

That said, most are generally pretty comfortable at the 3-4 position(8-9 if you're a lefty). What problem exactly are you having? What type of belt are you using?

IGF

3. James9109

James9109 Glock Fanatic

I got my custom bulldog holster.

http://www.bulldogleathercompany.com/owb_holsters

It's the pancake holster I mean I don't have a problem with it but I was just wondering were it should be and I am just using a regular pants belt.

4. beancounter81

beancounter81

Regular pants belt = bad. You'll find that a sturdy gun belt will make a lot of difference with the holster. I got mine from the Beltman - beltman.net. It's much thicker & sturdier than any regular belt.

I wear my holsters at roughly the 4 o'clock position, but anywhere between 3:00 and 4:30 is okay - got to find your own personal comfort spot in that range.

5. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

First things first, you need to get a solid belt. A regular pants belt is not going to hold up a firearm properly. The Beltman is a good option. If its slightly out of your price range, look at the Aker Leather "B21"(assuming it has 1.5in belt slots)...

http://www.copquest.com/24-0500.htm

Its almost pointless trying to find your sweet spot on a dept. store belt... but as was said above.. assuming right handed, you're gonna find its best somewhere between 3 and 4:30. I wear my holster about 3-3:30ish.. and its perfect.. but I carry on a proper belt.

IGF

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  6. James9109

James9109 Glock Fanatic

Yea, on my reg. belt right now it feels good at around 330-4

7. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Well, search here in Carry issues for the gazillion Belt threads, and you'll see its just not a couple of gear geeks telling you you're gonna need to get a quality gun belt.

Good luck..

IGF