Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I'm here now...
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came out of a trade today with a Glock 21, I believe its a 1st gen by the serial # (ASRxxx), but cant find anthing on it. It has been done in duracoat OD and was a police trade in some years ago.It shows some holster wear and lots of use being as I am the 3rd owner, there is no way of telling what the round count is. It is the stock barrel and guide rod though. Since I have several other glocks and handguns, I dont know if I'm going to keep it though. Anyone know how to take off the duracoat? I'm really not sure what to do with it at all really, I guess I need some advice.:dunno:

·
NRA Life Member
5,861 Posts
I will give you $20 for it!:whistling:

·
I'm here now...
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, buts thats not quite enough to relieve me of it. I know that their are alot of folks that hate the finger grooves but I guess I'm the odd man out, this just doesn't feel that comfortable.

·
Unmasked
5,567 Posts
I would leave the Duracoat on. It looks OK.

·
I'm here now...
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've never been a fan of OD, but it does look ok considering its not stock. It has some wear in a few places though, but not too bad.

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Date will be some where between Sept and Dec of 1993

AMW - G-21 - September 1993 - 2nd Gen.

ASR - G-21 - Unknown

ATP - G-21 - December 1993

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
That's a 2nd gen. It looks awesome, better than regular OD IMO, and if you can't tell by my icon, I love OD.

Edit: Remington Golden Sabers in that clip? I like those and Winchester Rangers. Wish I could find some Ranger Bonded JHPs.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
It's ugly but I bet it works great!! I would just upgrade the springs with new, upgrade the trigger bar with the newly redesigned one, and shoot that baby. Looks like a great "truck' gun or nightstand gun to me.

Oh and a couple of new mags too.

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
I heard they redesigned the locking block too. Internal parts for Glocks are inexpensive anyway, that's one of the things that makes them so great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts