close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just got a G26, yeah me: 3 questions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Tim Smith, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Tim Smith

Tim Smith

Second hand only about 200 round through and no wear on feed ramp or slide. Came with a 33rd clip (not glock) and the real icing an AA 22 conversion. I am not even going to post the price, guy must have been hard up. :tongueout::wow:

I have only shot it a couple times just to make sure it fired, etc. LOVE it. Can't believe I have never tried one before.

1st question: Does it hurt to fire CCI rat shot through it? It cycled 3 rounds fine.

2nd question: Does anyone have an opinion on the 15/17 round clip adapter to make the grip more like a G17/19?

3rd question: the 33rd clip hung up around 12 rounds before empty. there was some extra plastic from the mounding process, I cleaned it up with rolled up sand paper and cleaned/lightly oiled the mag seems okay but I haven't fired it. Anything else that might help? Not a glock mag, looks the same but no markings.

Great site, thanks.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  2. Tim Smith

Tim Smith

Edit and bump to get answers.

3. JohnHoliday

JohnHoliday

I recommend paying the extra money for a Glock Mag. They are good for FTF drills, but thats about it IMO. However, not likely you are going to carry the 33 round mag, so it doesn't really matter, but if you want one that going to be 100%, get a glock one.

It will not hurt to fire rat shot through it.

I have no opinion about the extender, I would get a GAP extender for the mags for carry, but when I shoot subcompact guns with larger mags, I don't mind just holding the mag with my pinky, I'm not a fan of the extenders.

Welcome to the site!

4. SCC

SCC just me

welcome to GT !!!!
    You don't oil the mags ..
    not sure about the CCI rat shot you will have to just try it in the gun
    for the price buy a glock 33rd mag you will thank me

5. Tim Smith

Tim Smith

I did get a second 33rnd Glock mag just haven't shot it yet. You are right on the carry, 33s are just so I don't have to spend a lot of time loading. It helps on recoil too. :)

By "oiled" I meant used oiled cloth to swab clean of shavings than swabbed dry. I was really surprised about the amount of oil to use on the G26. I used to having my guns practically dripping with oil. (actually they DO usually to leave little puddles in the cabinet:) )

6. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

A lot of new Glock shooters over lube their Glock. The Glock can run dry. I only lube mine ever so slightly. I only use 3 drops of Rem Oil on the whole gun. One on the barrel, one for the slide rails, and one tiny one where the trigger bar and connector meet. I rarely oil that spot. Maybe once every 3 months. I want to try some gun butter. The armorer that installed my connector (before I figured out how to do it myself), used a drop of it there and it seemed to make things very smooth. I think it was gun butter, I wasn't paying 100% attention to it.

7. G26ster

G26ster

Here's my G26 with the 15 rd mag, and an A&G spacer. I fire it no differently than with the 10 rd mag and my accuracy remains the same.

[​IMG]

8. 1faSStchevy

1faSStchevy

That AA .22lr conversion kit is horrible. I'll buy it from you for, you know, research purposes.