Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BillofNeeds?NO!
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Craziest thing - Found a tick on the dog in the middle of winter in Virginia with snow on the flipping ground. Had been there for a couple of days.

Never would have expected to find that on him now.

·
Banned
747 Posts
Wow. Thanks for the heads up. I need to get out the Advantix!

·
Banned
5,038 Posts
back in december we go snow , i was out checking my trail cams , and i came in , felt something on my neck , it was a very small tick !!!! ive never seen or found one in winter but i did that day.

ive had spotted fever 3 times and lyme disease from these nasty mfers

but i never knew in winter they were out :faint::faint:

·
Registered
8,711 Posts
There was a study done in Maryland and they found decreased concentrations of ticks but still a significant amount. I think they said 1/5th or so of what they would expect to find in summer.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Ticks are out all year long, no matter what the temperature or the amount of snow. Every time I've gone out hunting this year from October til now, I've had multiple ticks on me. This is northern PA winters and we have lots of snow and it's chilly..if you look closely at trees and plants you'll find ticks and spiders.

I have minor fits every time I find a tick...one afternoon, between my dad and I, we had at least 50 ticks on us. It's a good thing we were squirrel hunting because my freaking out and whining would have scared off all deer within miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts