Just finished Tucker Calrson's "Ship of Fools"--an interesting read

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Mr981, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Mr981

Mr981

I've been a fan of his for a long time and think he's one of the few talking heads on the tube worth watching.
    About 240 pages with stats and interesting quotes--with no footnotes--regarding how our country has changed over the past several decades and what has been behind this change.

The point that he makes through the book is that ruling elite--essentially East and West coast upper crust--see themselves as very different from the rest of us and,essentially, have no interest whether the masses succeed or fail, as long as they get what they want--which is more of everything and that they continue to keep their hands on the levers of power in this country.
    The chapter immigration was instructional on just how much has changed on this subject in 40 years. In the early 70'ss Caesar Chavez--leader of the farm worker union--was decidedly opposed to illegal immigration because it allowed farm owners to bypass his union to get lower wages. His union reportedly went as far as patrolling parts of the border to rough up illegals to try to stop them from crossing the border. Who would of thought?

Anyway, the book taken at face value, will raise your blood pressure and provide some answers as to why certain things have not changed despite having Trump at the helm. Paul Ryan undercutting the building of a wall indicates how some Republican leaders played the game to get what they wanted and then left Trump out in the cold when it came time to write the check on his agenda.

From his view, democracy in this country would seem to be in play, and the latest headlines coming out of the SC hearings-- rendering presumption of innocence as passe'-- would suggest this is not an exaggeration.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    B C, LEO/Dad, 1L26 and 2 others like this.
  2. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

He has a weird nervous laugh. What happened to the bow tie?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018

3. LEO/Dad

LEO/Dad Navy Veteran

I like Tucker, and watch him nightly.

B C likes this.
  4. Colt M-4

Colt M-4 AK-74 Silver Member

He REPLACED O'Reilly by 200%Good guy and so few today in the news business for sure.that gets four swords 23e4445512d2c0fb6cef71c834071a98.jpg RON K.

5. TeaDub

TeaDub

Kindle pricing has gotten insane. I refuse to pay over $10 for a digital copy of any book. In old school form, it's only in hardback for now and likewise overly priced.

I like many of Carlson's positions. I'll just watch him occasionally unless/until a cheaper paperback is released.

6. B C

B C

I'm interested in his book, so thanks for the review. I like Tucker quite a bit and really glad his show is doing so well. He puts a spotlight on a lot of things many won't and is sharp enough to take on anyone that comes on his show. He also is a gun owner, loves his AR's.

You should send him your book. He'll personalize and sign it, then send it back.

7. PlayerOne

PlayerOne

Do you not consider him part of the group of elites that rule you? He's worth $16MM and already tells you what to think and feel.

8. OGW

OGW SAF

Too many people read what comfirms their opinions and biases rather than challenges them. I know nothing about the subject author, just making an observation.