Just did my taxes and I owe. Glad AIG is enjoying it!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by bearshoegun, Feb 5, 2010.

1. bearshoegun

bearshoegun

Bastards, the IRS is nickel and dime-ing me with stupid fees or interest yet Billions went to some dudes new yacht, house, ferrari who probably weaseled their way into Obamas Billions.

Just a middle class dude pissed on how the distribution of wealth is in this country.

2. kestrou

kestrou Pin Member #4

You can also get mad about the TRILLIONS that have gone to some dudes crack houses and supporting his out-of-wedlock children.

Being in the middle is code "getting screwed"... :steamed:

kestrou

3. tbhracing

tbhracing Senior Member

I have been saying in here since the beginning of this mess- Greed, poor management and leadership.

And then people come back and tell me "It the unions!" AIG and their upper management is non union. I guess we are slowing getting the picture now.

4. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over Millennium Member

Most of the AIG money went trough AIG to Goldman Sachs, etc...

There's some indication that GS greased the skids for the AIG bankruptcy so they (GS) could get 100 cents on the dollar for their worthless CDOs.

GS is a cancer on this nation and has totally infected Treasury and the FED.

5. tbhracing

tbhracing Senior Member

Sorry- but the real cancer is greed. Greedy Execs. at the top just working, twisting and pushing for their jackpot.

6. kestrou

kestrou Pin Member #4

Incorrect - Greed is good!

Why do I get out of bed in the morning? Greed.

Why do some people NOT get out of bed in the morning? Because they don't HAVE to. And this applies equally well to those at the bottom, and those at the top who get bailed out.

All should be left to their own success/failure - and not provided the guaranteed safety net of bail-outs.

In my humble opinion, of course! :tongueout:

kestrou

7. Gary W Trott

Gary W Trott Prickley Fan

I think that the real cancer is the idea that the taxpayer should bailout poorly run companies that overextend themselves. They should have been allowed to fail and any assets they had with any value would have been snapped up at bargain prices by those who conducted their affairs responsibly.

8. the iceman

the iceman Proud Veteran CLM

Yeah but when it comes to AIG and I may be wrong, I don't quite remember...didn't Congress have their retirements tied to AIG or was it just another rumor I heard?

9. Glock&KimberLady

Glock&KimberLady Morior Invictus

We get back from the Feds and owe to the state, every year, no matter how we tweak the withholding. *shrug* Probably only going to get worse.

10. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

i use my owed to me without interest paid return to pay for my kid's school. and with a lot of o/t that is taxed extra, financial aid, and auto deduction from paycheck i somehow manage to educate my kid well and feed her at the same time...

11. Kona2004

Kona2004

Between fed and state, I owe a little over $200. What really chaps me is that I work one full time job, two part time jobs, and my wife works part time. I know a guy who choses not to hold down a good job, made around $16,000 last year and is getting a refund of over...$10,000. I can't imagine he paid in more than $1,500 max and is getting a refund like that.

12. kestrou

kestrou Pin Member #4

Kona2004,

It's called "Earned Income Credit" - you do the Earning and he gets the Credit! :steamed:

kestrou

13. BNJA

BNJA

Please keep in mind that the gov made out pretty well with the warrants they received from most of the financial institutions (including the much-villified GS.) At the end of the day the TARP funds will be basically a wash. To the extent the taypayer is on the hook for any of these liabilities, the reason will be the pandering decision to include the likes of GM/UAW under the bailout.

You are playing right into this populist adminstration's hand when you start broadly ranting against executives and greed. It's a distraction.

A distraction realizing where your tax dollars are really flowing, and the programs that truly pose a danger to the US's fiscal health- and that is almost entirely entitlements - mainly SS and Medicare! Followed by payments on our massive debt that is used to finaince said entitlements.

Obamas 2010 budget will increase our public debt as a percentage of GDP from 6% to about 8%. And this has nothing to do with TARP, my friends.

14. Flatulence

Flatulence 5X EMU Champion

Ugh,

More of this crap. How about this:

Government does NOT interfere in PRIVATE business. Regulate, but do not intefere. If businesses fail, so be it. Painful? You bet.

We, the electors, stop electing idiotic meatsacks to represent us. Obama? Really? Hopefully this disaster will educate at least some people.

End entitlements. I work for a living. Some folks want to work and they keep looking and trying to get a job. Others, do NOTHING, and I pay for it. BS. End that crap, now.

15. Hog Rider

Hog Rider

Just a note that the first bail-out came from the Bush Administration and had nothing to do with Obama.

Just saying the facts.

16. hockeyrcks9901

hockeyrcks9901

I'm very happy I live in a state with 0% state income tax. Thank you tourists!

17. CZ guy

CZ guy

^ Amen.

If the Fed wants to use the "too big to fail" card, then it would seem they should make it their business to make sure that a corporation cannot be too big to fail.

18. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

Spoken like a union worker.

Blame it on the rich guys. Those jerks, just think who are they to make all that money, all they did was go to college and get advanced degrees and work their way up through a company. That should be outlawed. We should all graduate high school and work for the same amount of money, right? :faint:

Some CEOs have committed criminal acts, yes. They should be punished. When someone immediately accuses the "executives", "Corporate America," or "Greedy CEOs" it shows your underlying class warfare feelings.

To the OP: Did the AIG people fill out your w4? Surely you didnt let them decide your withholding. Change your withholding and that wont happen again.

19. Jon_R

Jon_R

The fact 50% of households net zero federal income tax paid is part of the problem. At least for the half that pay a lot it seems to be a problem.....

In some cases people might pay in 2K all year and get 5K back. It has to come from somewhere.

20. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

Thats a real problem, and a real reason to complain. I think that pretty well sets everyone off. I just found it funny that someone would complain because they didnt have their withholding set right, and blame it on AIG. :rofl: