Just, damn...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by TBO, Aug 26, 2018.

1. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 7th Street South, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    Two children burned in Culver Township shed fire

Two children suffered second-degree burns in a shed fire in Culver Township on Saturday night.

The St. Louis County Sheriff's Office reported that deputies and Fond du Lac police responded to a call of a shed on fire and two burned children at 8:05 p.m. Saturday. The two children, ages 5 and 6, were located with severe burns on about 20 percent of their bodies and were transported to a local hospital.

The children were playing in the shed when they tipped over a gas can, spilling gas on the floor, according to the sheriff's office. They attempted to clean up the spilled gas using an electric Shop-Vac that ignited in flames, causing the children's clothing to catch fire as well as the shed, according to the sheriff's office. The extent of the damage to the shed is unknown.

link
    -------------------

Hope the little people heal fully.

2. OGW

OGW SAF

Poor kids, so sad.

MAG40 Student, Fred Hansen and TBO like this.

3. Trench Sweeper

Trench Sweeper On the day of your birth death began stalking you

KY where the taxes are as high as half the people
    Ouch I bet they regret that

Fred Hansen likes this.
  4. OGW

OGW SAF

When I was about 9 years old (circa 1957) I was filling glass gallon jugs of gasoline out of a 50 gallon drum for my dad to mix for outboard gas for our little resort in northern WI. Yes, it was a different world and that's how we did it then.

One I was filling ignited at the mouth of the jug, like a candle. To this day I don't know if it was spontaneous ignition (hot day, in the sun, glass jug) or if I somehow made a static spark. In any case, I panicked and ran like hell screaming "fire." By the time my dad got to the outboard shed with a fire extinguisher, the whole place was up in flames, two 50 gallon barrels of gasoline side by each under a little roof. A few minutes later, BOOM, and I saw a part of one of the drums flying through the air out into the lake. We lost seven or eight outboard motors, oil, minnow tanks, etc., because I didn't know enough to grab the one jug of gas that was lit and pitch it away from everything else. In any case, no one got hurt and my dad blamed himself for the whole deal. That was the last time we used glass jugs for gasoline.

Ross-in-Pa and Fred Hansen like this.
  5. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

Life's hard lessons. Prayers for the kids.

Fred Hansen and happyguy like this.
  6. flyover

flyover

Damn is right, burns are one of the worst injuries I can think of.
    BTDT.

Ramjet38 and Fred Hansen like this.
  7. byf43

byf43 NRA Patron Life Member

"Damn" just fits.

Ever since my best friend and his entire family died in a house fire, when we were 13, I've been afraid of fires.

This was 'before smoke detectors'. Old frame house. Fire started in the kitchen, while they slept.
    We learned of the house fire, when the school bus went past their house, and nothing but smoldering debris was where the house once stood.
    We didn't know about the family being killed for two days.

I'm not afraid to die, but, I don't want to burn to death.

Praying for those small children.

8. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Byf43. If they were asleep. It is likely they were not burned while alive. It's possible they never realized anything was wrong.

byf43 likes this.
  9. Oldschooltube

Oldschooltube Flux Capacitor Technician

True. Almost all who perish in fires are not burned to death as they are overcome by smoke and CO long before the fire reaches them. It is amazing how fast a fire spreads once it takes hold though. This is a NFPA test of a dry Christmas tree. Complete flashover at less than 30 seconds.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IwBiZtfjioU

byf43 likes this.
  10. Gonzoso

Gonzoso

I was probably 6 years old playing with fire. I lit a small puddle of gas with d batteries and steel wool like I saw on tv.
    Right next to the open gas can.

The opening caught fire I freaked out and put my foot on the opening, fire went out.

I didn’t know what I was doing I just reacted and it worked out.

I could have been like these kids a dozen times over as a mischievous kid in the country.

One time we started a good fire and got caught. I was probably 10. My mom told my sensei at karate class who was also a fire chief. I remember being running with the group but being hit with the bamboo sword thing if I slowed and doing knuckle pushups on hot blacktop. I was more careful after that.

Ramjet38 and Ross-in-Pa like this.
  11. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

12. seagravedriver

seagravedriver

I hate fire. It is a tool and a killer.

byf43 likes this.
  13. 1bigK

1bigK

Burn injuries are the worst. Used to be a surgical tech, worked in a pool for a few years covering shifts at area hospitals. Skin grafts for burns at Children’s Hospital were to damn common. Prayers for those little ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C_Hallbert likes this.