close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

just checking in

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by TimWarner, Dec 18, 2006.

1. TimWarner

TimWarner Resident Goth

It's been awhile, mostly been shooting USPSA with my major9 open glock when I can.

fiance left, had a big mess with our daughter for awhile, things are going better now and we're getting along.

This fall/winter I haven't really had any ambition to do anything, much less get out and shoot. Been real busy working 7 days a week with a couple 12 hour shifts here and there.

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

what load do you use to make major with in a glock? i'm going to use my CMore gun next year in open.

3. DrKyle

DrKyle

ede, I was going to ask the same thing! Also what barrel do you have in it and are you using a 34 or a 17? I just threw one together for GSSF unlim earlier this month & liked the way it shot winchester white box but want to see what it can really do.

4. TimWarner

TimWarner Resident Goth

I use a G17, with a fitted KKM barrel, 5 port SJC comp with 2 .156" blow holes.

Shooting 115gr Zero JHP over 8.8gr HS-6 for about 1510fps.

5. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

That should have some zip to it.

6. TimWarner

TimWarner Resident Goth

Well... the original load was 9.1gr...

BTW, it's probably not good to duplicate this load in any other gun. I had the chamber cut and throated differently than standard KKM barrels.

7. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Tim, great to hear from you! As life settles a bit for you we should probably get together this spring for a pin match or two over at Mantorville - that way I can ooh-ahh over your fabrication and trigger work. ;)

Have been experimenting with some 'major' loads myself this winter, but they go into a Ruger #5 Blackhawk. Best to you & yours over the holidays!

:patriot:

8. TimWarner

TimWarner Resident Goth

I'm pretty much done tinkering. Have been for awhile now.

Now, I'm working on the run and gun. First 4 open matches of USPSA and I came in about 1% below B-class. Most matches I keep up with the A and master class S_I guys.

I have a hard time with classifiers in open, since the top guys are just so darn fast. Also, a lot of people around here seem to over-practice classifiers so they get an inflated ranking. I'll usually bomb the classifiers, and smoke the other stages.

9. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i've done well on classifiers and really in my mind i've done well overall but there are some people that are real damn fast. i am usually one of the top point getters but i lack the speed to finish well. one guy i shoot with has a STI sponsership and they have him shooting single stack and he's shot open for so long he can't get by with 8 rounds and having to reload. next year i'm shooting open with my 34 CMore Carver combo, limited with my 17, and PCC with my CX4 beretta EO Tech combo.

10. TimWarner

TimWarner Resident Goth

I build my own 170mm mags, so I get 30+1 in right now. Not using a modified follower though.

I think if I work on the follower I can get 31+1 in an open glock. No reloads necessary.