Just brought her home today

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by roch, Jan 20, 2010.

1. roch

roch

I picked up my first pistol yesterday, the glock 30. I went through gssf and added the glock night sights for an amazing price.

I have read about people having trouble loading 10 rounds in the mag but I had no such problem. When fully loaded there was no problem dropping the slide to cycle a round either, everything was smooth.

First impression is the gun is heavier them I would have thought, especially when fully loaded, not that it is a bad thing. Fit and finish is great, I plan on taking it out this weekend to put a few hundred rounds through. I picked up 500 rounds of federal 230gr from Wal-Mart.

I received a MTAC for Christmas so this will be my CCW. Maybe it’s just because I am new to CC but I felt I was printing a little. I am 5' 10" about 175-180lbs, I guess I will play with the position (I was carrying around 3 to 3:30). As far as height and cant with the MTAC and g30 is there a general consensus as to where it should be or is this all personal preference?

So after waiting 9 1/2 months here in good old NY for the permit I finally have a g30. I am sure everyone and their mother has seen a stock g30 but I thought I would post up a few pics anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NWoutdoor

NWoutdoor

Nice set up!

I've got the G22, 23, 27 family and CC the 23, 27 when I'm awake.
    I have a CTAC (great holster, just wearing out after years of use) and a new Supertuck being made.
    I'm also the same same height and weight as you. I can tell you that with time you will become more confident in your concealabiliy. Takes a while for you to realize that others just don't notice the things we do. You have a great holster so...

Congrats!

3. Adam9997

Adam9997

Congrats, she's beautiful

4. Tmygun

Tmygun

Very nice!!!!! I was considering the G30 as my first Glock. I opted for the G20 for now, but there's nothing quite like the venerable 45acp cartridge.
    Happy shooting!!!!!!

Tmygun:supergrin:

BTW: What did Wal-Mart rock you for 500rds of the Fed. 45acp ammo???

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  5. Thx-1138

Thx-1138 NRA Member

nice holster, nice gun.

About printing... First, you'll notice more than anybody else, but questions to ask:

What kind of belt are you using?

What kind of cover garment?

6. roch

roch

They were $15.97 a box, with tax I it was $172 and change.

7. roch

roch

That is part of the problem I think, right now I have just a regular belt. I am researching different gun belts and hope to have one sooner rather than latter.

As far as the cover garment went I tried a few different things. In the winter I dont think it will be hard at all but come summer time that may be a bit of a problem. I tried a few t-shirts on an I felt not matter what I did it was still there. Like I said earlier I plan on playing with the location cant and height to see if I can find the sweet spot.

Thanks all

8. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

Congrats.Good choice for a carry gun.

9. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

Nice G and holster-good match
    Make sure you run a good gun belt-Makes ALL the difference

10. bobandshawn

bobandshawn BOBO

roch - nice setup, congrats. If I'm not being too rude may I ask how you managed a CCW in New York?!?!?

Regards,
    Bob

11. roch

roch

No problem Bob. Believe it or not upstate NY (I am in the Rochester area) is for the most part pistol friendly. Rochester is in Monroe County and I really havent heard of people being issued restricted here.

Now NYC is almost impossible to get a CCW. There are exceptions though, it seems if you have a lot of money and pull you might get one.

12. artcarney

artcarney

Don't worry a lot about printing unless you can make out the actual shape of the gun.

99.9% won't think anything of it, they certainly won't thing "Gun!!". They will more likely think it's your cell phone, etc.

13. jnewguyin

jnewguyin

Maybe try short sleeve button shirts? like Linen shirts for the summer?

14. internal

internal

+1

I used to freak out about that until I realized that unless they're looking for a gun, there's no way they're going to think "gun" if it slightly prints as you bend over to pick something up.

Good choice on the MTAC.

15. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

She's quite lovely.:supergrin: Congrats.

16. doktarZues

doktarZues I'm anti-anti

congrats on the g30--I have one as well and carry it from time to time. I use an MTAC also and I lowered the default height of the clips "up" 1 hole (so that there is only 1 hole left at the bottom), which brings the gun a little bit further down into your waist. That seemed to help a lot with printing. It does make it slightly more difficult to get my hand around the grip, but nothing terrible Just something to try/give some thought.

17. DarkBlade1000RR

DarkBlade1000RR

Congrats on a great gun sir!

I picked up the exact model and holster except w/ the holster I went w/ the .45 ACP slide so now I can use it to carry my 20/21 or 29....can't beat 4 holsters in 1!

I also lowered the default height of the clips so that the handle of the guns is closer to my waist....does lessen the printing a bit.....

18. Stuntman_Mike

Stuntman_Mike /̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿

A good belt makes a night and day difference.

I can recommend www.thebeltman.com as they made mine. Great work, great price, and it didn't take long.

19. SagKC

SagKC

Congrats on your new G30! :wavey:

20. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Congratulations.