Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come over to the dark side. I jsut bought a G17 to have ammo and mag compatibility wiht my Oly AR15 in 9mm. Ihave always carried Sigs and 1911s. The Glock is interesting. I put 100 rounds through it right out of the box without a FTF or any other problems. It seems to be going a little high and to the left, no matter how I shoot it, so I am blaming the sights. A buddy is Glock armorer and ought to have the sight adjustment tool. I'm very pleased. For now, this will be my bedside gun. With a few hundred more rounds downrange and the sights adjusted, it will phase into being my daily carry gun.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Your aim will get better, it took me a little while to get used to the Glock grip angle, I was shooting really high at first...

Congrats, on a great gun..
This fellow tonight has a much older 21,and tried firing my 19c. he could not get the hang of it at all. i drew a few diagrams of what I USE for a sight picture. sure enough, he went from going way low, to grouping pretty well.

practice makes perfect and welcome to the dark side!!!!

[EDIT] try Todd Jarrett's method of "surprising" yourself with the trigger. Slowly, slowly, slowly pull back and then you'll feel it bang. Also, are you pushing against the gun? how is your grip. Grip and trigger finger usage is a common issue to make a pistol fire in a way you don't want it to. I find myself shooting to the left sometimes and immediately try to correct it by a. adjusting my finger to use the PAD/tip or b. make sure i'm not pushing against the gun. making a shot and watching if i'm pushing.

Good luck!, you'll get it.

·
Mutant
586 Posts
Well done! The 17 was my first hit, and the 26, 19 and 20 soon follwed.
Gongratulations.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts