close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just bought my first Glock,G27

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Ghetto, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Ghetto

Ghetto Still alive

I picked it up Monday evening but won't have a chance to shoot it until Saturday. What ammo are you guys using for home defense? Anything I should know about it,any quirks. This is only my 2nd handgun so I may now have all of the lingo down ;g

My 1st handgun was a Taurus PT145 that broke on me during my CHL class :soap:

2. d0truji

d0truji

Congrats on the new gun. You will love it. The G27 is my daily carry gun. I use 165 Speer Gold Dots but plan to switch to the .40 cal loads that Mike at Double Tap is producing. Buy some more mags and get a good quality holster and you are good to go!;f ;f

Double Tap

3. jpshaw

jpshaw

Ghetto - I think you will find your G-27 to be as happy with any ammo the larger ones shoot. I use Win 155 ST in mine. Good track record plus they are cheap at Wally World.

.40 Club number 14

4. fiberpig

fiberpig

I use Cor-bon 135gn. JHP. Good luck with your 27, I love mine...It's an awsome pistol.
    for some IMO, good cleaning lube info. read my reply in the thread "New 27 has a problem".

5. fiberpig

fiberpig

.....so how's the 27 working for you, any range time yet?

6. ColoradoPacker

ColoradoPacker What's a Glock?

I use Ranger 180gr in mine, but when I run out I plan to switch to www.doubletapammo.com with their 180gr gold dot at 1050 fps from a G27.

I would also feel comfortable with 180gr speer gold dot or 165gr golden saber, or 155gr Silver tip, or 140gr Corbon DPX or 135gr Corbon powerball (but not corbon jhp).