close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just bought my first Glock, a G30 of course

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by flatrock, May 23, 2004.

1. flatrock

flatrock

I just got home from the gun show with my new G30. I haven't gotten to shoot it yet, but will hopefully get to do that tomorrow evening.

I ordered a C-TAC holster earlier in the week and it only took a few days to get it.

Now all I need to do is get in some practice, and choose what carry ammo I'm going to use.

2. Perry F.

Perry F.

G30 is a great gun. I just got some race cut heine sights and they are awesome.

3. KB4IFS

KB4IFS MOLON LABE

And another one bites the dust, another one bites the dust;F

4. R.TOKER

R.TOKER

I purchased mine on Feb. 14, 2004 , valentine's day , and what a love affair it has been so far. You will certainly love that G30!! Now all you need is your new Ohio CCW and you will be good to go (that is if you don't already have it ;)

5. flatrock

flatrock

I applied for my CCW on the first day and have had it for well over a month now. :)

My wife just got hers yesterday. It took only 8 days for her to get hers.

I've put 100 round of Winchester white box ammo through it so far. Zero problems and very accurate. I'm still getting used to shooting a larger caliber gun than I've used to, but the recoil isn't bad at all.

The plastic sights are adequete for now. I'll likely replace them with night sights eventually.

The stock trigger isn't bad by any means, but I can't say I love it. I haven't detail stripped it yet and smoothed things out yet. I'll likely do that and fire about 1000 round through it before I decide if I want to get a professional trigger job done.

6. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

Try more like 400 rounds first.

7. Nomaspescado

Nomaspescado

To Perry F.
    Hey did you ever have on any other night sights before going to the race cut Heinies??
    I'm interested in what your feedback is. I have a set of Trijies that work great for reasonable ranges but I am definetely interested in hearing what those race cuts are like.
    Thanks!

8. Perry F.

Perry F.

I have Amerglo 3 dot tritium classic, on my G19 I like those very much.
    I got the Heines because people on GT said they were very good sites.
    The two dots you line up called a straight 8 are supposed to be easier for your eyes to line up then three dots. I took the G30 out once with the new sites, I shot better than I did with the stock sites. I shot a center ragged hole at 20 ft, I have been only shooting pistol since February. The Heines sites are made with these serrrations on them which is supposed to cut down on the glare, the notch is also wider.
    Do people use dots to line up there tagets in daylight? I like using the dots fot quick site picture. You can get them without dots.
    I believe once I try them more I will like them even better.

9. flatrock

flatrock

I put another 100 rouds through my G30 tonight. I'll have to buy a couple more win value packs for the weekend. Still functioning flawlessly, and I'm shooting it much more consistently. The grip fits my hand nicely. :)

From what I nderstand the Heinie race cut sights have a wider notch which makes target acquisition quicker, but the normal cut will give you more accuracy. Is the "wider" notch working well for you?

10. Perry F.

Perry F.

Yeh, I can't tell yet only put maybe 50 rnds throught it.

11. Nomaspescado

Nomaspescado

Thanks Perry..
    Flatrock, that was my next question..
    ;Y

12. Perry F.

Perry F.

13. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

I prefer the XSS Big Dot Express sights, but my pistol is solely for combat use. It's not a "race gun".

There are multiple Big Dot/Trijicon/Heinie posts ongoing in tactics and training.

14. Nomaspescado

Nomaspescado

15. Mas

Mas

does anybody, including GLOCK, make the standard GLOCK configuration in steel, preferably with a tritium insert on the front sight?? So weird, but I'm switching back to the standard config. from the Heinies, even though everybody and their grandmother likes the Heinies better....

EDIT: nevermind, found them at Lone Wolf!! woo hoo!

16. Nomaspescado

Nomaspescado

Mas,
    I'm always looking for the perfect sight for my G30. If you wouldn't mind sharing, why are switching back to the stock sight picture? Where the Heinies too tall or something else?
    I'm currently using Trijies with the rear white rings "blacked out". I like them but I am still curious about what others think about their own experiences. I asume that you are talking about your G30.
    Thanks