close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just bought my 1st Glock,G27

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Ghetto, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Ghetto

Ghetto Still alive

Damn nice gun,I haven't shot it yet (I will Saturday) but it's so comfy and easily concealable. Anything I should know about or any words of wisdom from you guys? I paid $499 and received 50 free bullets :cool:

Also what rounds are you guys using for home defense? I used GoldDots when I had my Taurus .45.

2. ultramag

ultramag

Pretty good price on a fine weapon. I shoot 165 gr. Federal Hydo-Shoks in both my .40's, home and carry.

3. Ebb27

Ebb27

I've had my G27 for about, a year, and a half.
    I got it to replace my Ruger SP-101, .357magnum,
    for CCW.
    The main reason was capacity, but the baby Glock impressed me,
    with it's accuracy.

It took awhile before I felt comfortable carrying the Glock.
    I had carried my snubnose for many years, and trusted my life,
    to it's reliablity.
    The Glock got off to good start, by not needing a break-in period.
    One of only three pistols I've ever owned that didn't need broke-in.

It's gone several thousand rounds with out a problem, of any kind,
    and feel just as confident with my Glock,
    as I did with my revolver.

4. Okie with a g27

Okie with a g27 Fellow Glocker

Ghetto, I got my first Glock also...G27. I got it about 2 months ago. Paid 515.00 tax and all and got a bag thrown in w/ it...haha So anyway, I wanted to tell you to not be discouraged when you first shoot your 27. I was a lil disappointed but I am over it now. I suggest you get the pinky extension. It's only like 9.99....BIG HELP. It will wear your butt out the first time you shoot a couple hundered rounds through it too. After that second trip out shooting it, it will be your favorite gun to carry and shoot. GL^1

5. RMTactical

RMTactical Battle Born CLM

That was my first Glock too!! In fact, it was my FIRST GUN!

I think the G27 is the best Glock out there (with the G23 close behind). I carry mine and I have never had an issue with it. I will never part with this gun.

I prefer the 165gr Speer Gold Dots. There is not a better bullet out there, IMHO. However, there are some that come close. This gun should serve you well. Congrats!

6. Ghetto

Ghetto Still alive

Thanks guys,I can't wait to shoot it tomorrow :cool:

Everyone I've asked says not to shoot reloads through it,I don't plan to but I'm curious as to what the big deal is.

7. justtalking

justtalking Senior Member

I JUST GOT MY GLOCK 27 .40CAL AND I STRUGGLED WITH IT FOR A FEW WEEKS.
    IT DID WHIP ME OUT AND I THOUGHT I LIKED MY G23 BETTER THAT I SOLD TO GET THIS ONE. THE G27 IS 1 INCH SHORTER AND LESS FORGIVING THAN THE G23. THE GUYS ON THIS BOARD HAVE HELPED ME OUT UNDERSTAND HOW IT SHOOTS DIFERENTLY FROM THE G23. I LOVE TO CARRY IT BUT AM NOT COMFORTABLE WITH SHOOTING IT YET BUT AM NOT GIVING UP. I DID GO TO THE 180 GR AND THAT DID HELP. I COULD HIT ANYTHING FROM DAY ONE WITH THE 23 BUT IT WAS NOT COMFORTABLE FOR ME TO CARRY.

BUT THE LAST TIME OUT I SHOT 10 FOR 12 IN THE BULLS EYE AT 7 YDS.I HAVE TROUBLE WITH SHOOTING TO THE RIGHT AND LOW EVERY SO OFTEN BUT AGAIN THIS BOARD HELPED ME UNDERSTAND WHY IT WAS HAPPENING. SQUEEZING TO HARD WITH THE STRONG HAND (LEFT). I AM GOING TO TRY LIGHTING UP ON THE LEFT HAND AND APPLING A LITTLE MORE PRESSURE ON THE WEAK HAND (RIGHT). I ALSO GOT THE FINGER EXTENSION AND I LIKE THAT. I DIDN'T LIKE THE PINKY FINGER UNDER THE MAG. ALSO THE MAG EXTENSION AND SLIDE LOCK EXTENSION MADE IT A LITTLE MORE EASY TO USE. NOW I JUST NEED TO SHOOT SHOOT AND MORE SHOOT UNTIL IT FEELS LIKE AN EXTENSION OF MY ARM LIKE THE G27 DID.

LET ME KNOW HOW YOU DO. WE PROBABLY ARE GOING THRU THE SAME THINGS.

8. RMTactical

RMTactical Battle Born CLM

First of all, .40 is a tough round to reload. It has higher than standard pressures, stick with factory stuff as it tends to be more precise, and you don't want to void your gaurantee by shooting reloads. If your gun blows up and you were shooting factory stuff, Glock will most likely cover the replacement. It's just not worth it to me.

The only kB! I have seen was a fella shooting a BRAND NEW G19 at the range... with reloads... Consider yourself warned.

Some folks shoot reloads in their Glocks, some even get pissed when you say that you shouldn't shoot reloads. IMO, it's just not worth it, so I wouldn't even try it.

9. New York Hunter

New York Hunter

I have a Glock 27 too. I also have a Glock 22. I carry the G27 when its warm out because it conceals easier then the G22. I perfer the G22 over the G27. Mostly because I've had it a lot longer and it fits my hand like a glove. I'm not knocking the G27 at all. I haven't have any trouble with either one of them at all!;c

10. jeopardy98

jeopardy98

I just bought my first gun yesterday. Guess what? It was a G27 :) I could not be happier with it. I took it straight to the range after purchasing and put 50 rounds through it just to see how it would do. Well I was blown away by its accuracy. I would post a pic of my target if I had a place to host it. If anyone can help me out let me know. Anyways, congrats on a great gun purchase, I know you will love your G27.

11. Ghetto

Ghetto Still alive

Thanks everyone,I can't wait to shoot it tomorrow.

Also you can host pics at www.mustangmods.com

12. Texas

Texas

I used to own a 22, which got stolen from my truck while at work (I work in a secure building which doesn't allow firearms).
    So, I was lucky to have found someone that was selling a G27 with Tritium sights for $300 last year.

I could not be happier with this miracle of technology.
    The gun feels perfectly balanced in my hand, and I got used to wrapping my pinky on the bottom of the grip, so the size of the grip is not that bad once you get used to it.
    Accuracy is also top notch, and concealability is second to none, as this is my carry piece :cool:
    Basically, I am nuts about this gun ;f

Thx,
    Tex

13. Ghetto

Ghetto Still alive

Can I shoot regular Winchester 185 grain through it without a problem? That's what I plan on using today.

14. Glock4Life

Glock4Life

Shoot whatever you want through it. I shoot reloads all the time and the whole "don't reload Glocks" thing is based on myths, half-truths, and internet hysteria. KB's are from double charges, overcharges and squibs so if you're worried about those don't reload for ANY weapon, not just Glocks. I load most of my ammo on the extreme low side becuase I enjoy plinking at the range so that makes it even more of a no-brainer. I don't care to shoot full power .40 loads on a regular basis. I shoot only enough of them to remind me of what my carry round will feel like if I need to use it and would rather focus on proper shooting technique which can, in my opinion, get convoluted after slamming a couple hundred rounds of factory .40 downrange on a regular schedule.

The one thing I would recommend is to avoid the use of lead without the addition of an aftermarket barrel. I use mostly West Coast plated bullets and have had no problems whatsoever with fouling in the factory barrel.