close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

just bought glock 23

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by medcraft, Aug 20, 2002.

1. medcraft

medcraft

i just bought my first glock and decided on the 23,,,does anyone know any good sites to get a laser sight, or good ammo??

2. tacticalfitness

tacticalfitness

personaly i would would skip the laser . you could get real dependant
    on it . then have a real hard time with normal sights .
    if you want to trick it up get some. get some mepro. night sights , ext .slide stop , and for the price of the laser buy some target ammo .
    that is my opinion . you know what they say about opinions .

great choice for a first glock .
    ;L ;L ;S ;S ;L ;L ;S ;S

3. 4TS&W

4TS&W 2A RKBA 4EVER

I have a 23 and 23C with tritium sights (tru-dot). I don't think tritiums differ very much, except I've heard complaints about tijicon's white rings around the dots coming off when coming in contact with some solvents, plus they're usually $10 more than Meprolites and others. You may want a gunsmith to put them on with loctite if you aren't comfy with that sort of thing, as I have heard of these sights shooting off if not installed correctly.

I'm looking at lasermax for both as well, but don't have the cash as of yet. Plus I'm looking for a good price on them. I'm not worried about becoming dependant on the laser, as I think the dot usually end up being used as deterrant for further violence from a BG. Otherwise, it can be an insurance policy that the shot is going to go where you want it. This may be wishful thinking, as I have no experience with lasers, but am looking forward to trying them out.

I have large maglights handy when I need light, plus it's a nice baton if I ever need a blunt object instead of a bullet, and it can held away from my body so it doesn't present a center of mass target for my body as some attached lights seem to do. I'm not knocking them, I'm just spouting sour grapes since it's unlikely I'll be able to play with an M-6 anytime soon. I saw this laser, light combo at the store and it looks sweet, but bulky.. (more sour grapes..)

;f ;a ;f

4. Duck of Death

Duck of Death

5. Fast Glass

Fast Glass

6. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

Yup, what FastGlass said.

7. MSU

MSU miss me? no?

i have the M6. i rarely practice with it turned on. at the range, i'll usually fire maybe a mag or two through it with the laser turned on, but otherwise, it stays off and i use the steel sights. i actually shoot better with them!

8. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

I'm no real fan of these lasers, but I recall an incident in which a man shot a perp, killing him. Man had a laser sight on his weapon, and a news blurb said, "A man stepped back, pulled his gun, turned on his laser sight, and shot man in the head, killing him"...

I can't remember if this was local, or if I read it on the net, etc. Anyways, I think for a pistol that might be used for CCW, they are a complete waste of $$$. You will get FAR more use out of some target ammo, and a set of night sites of your choice. Those lasers run about 300 don't they? ;P

No Thanks!

My pref. for night sights are Express Sights

Be safe
    IGF