Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just made my first official handgun purchase, a brand new Gen 3 (as opposed to Gen 4) Glock 22. Yes, a 9mm would have been more economical but I decided to upgrade to a .40 on a whim. I may well be kicking later myself for doing this but we'll see. Being a full time college student, this wasn't the smartest financial decision I've ever made but it wasn't the dumbest either.

One cool thing I noticed is that the slide has a matte finish reminiscent of first and second gen guns, rather than the glossy finish they had been using for quite some time. I feel this is an improvement, both aesthetically and functionally. The slides on older examples were really hard to grip when you had wet/sweaty hands.

Well, I don't have a whole lot else to say about it right now other than I hope I like it. I'll be taking it out tomorrow for some informal plinking. Will report the results and maybe some pics.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Welcome im also new to the handgun world i bought my first early this month gen 3 g23. Youll like it here there are alot of knowlegable people that have helped me alot.

:welcome:

·
Meat on a Steek
231 Posts
Congrats and enjoy - my first .40 was a recently purchased G23 GEN4 - you will love it!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Congratulations! I picked up a G23 RTF2 and a Gen3 19 over the last two weeks. I highly encourage you to also get a 9mm Glock as soon as you can. Both great calibers and a heck of a lot of fun to shoot!

·
Glock Guy
2,142 Posts
Congrats, enjoy and don't forget....safety first.

·
G21sf .45 ACP
259 Posts
congrats man, I think you made a good choice. I'm really considering getting a .40 myself

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
congrats..

·
Glock Sportsman
1,363 Posts
Congrats and hope you have a lot of fun shooting at the range.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Took it out today and put 50 rounds through it. As I expected, the gun ran flawlessly. I used Tula 180 grain FMJ which was the cheapest I found at Walmart. I keep reading on GT and other forums how "Snappy" .40 caliber pistols are. Some even say they are uncontrollable. I found that it did have a good amount of recoil, noticeably more than a 9mm, but nothing unmanageable and nowhere near as bad as a .357 magnum with full power 158 grain loads. My accuracy was ok but there is a lot of room for improvement. Hopefully I can give it more of a workout next weekend. This was just a quick session at my grandpa's place to make sure it worked.

This is not the first handgun I've fired; just the first I've bought myself (filled out paperwork, ran NICS check and all that.)

·
Registered
157 Posts
good choice, i have a g19, g22 gen 2 guns, when you can afford it go lonewolf and get a 9mm CONVERSION bbl. $110.00

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Congrats on your first pistol. Now get out there and put some rounds down range with it....AFTER you finish your homework.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts