Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just figured Id show it off :tongueout:

Found it at the local glock dealership for 599, he said it was the only one he had and he's only seen a few of them. check it out! Have you guys seen any like it?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
There's another thread around here about them but they're made by a 3rd party company that buys the guns and then adds the gold and polish on them and sell them at a marked up price.

I don't believe they're very rare.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Talo is the company, they commision special runs from Smith and Wesson all the time........and Glock, I believe, does all the work.
I own one. The slide polishing is as good as Smith or Colt from years ago.........and there are more than 250 of them out there, but they are far from common.
Collector's item? Posssibly, but we'll see.

·
5 Times A Day
1,923 Posts
A little too blinged out for my taste. I woulda stopped with the glossy slide. Adding the gold lettering and jeweled chamber pushed it over the top.

Congrats anyway though, new guns are fun.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
It is a TALO customized limited edition.
http://www.taloinc.com/index.htm

Someone is hawking the G19 one on gunbroker for $1,099+ right now. They show up often there. $600 where available elsewhere on the web. You might have gotten a deal. I don't care for them. I've played with customizing Glock colors, only to find I prefer everything black. I've never seen production numbers listed on the TALO guns.

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I originally went to buy a 21SF but since I already had a G27 and my wife fell in love with the limited edition, we just had to get it!

·
Banned
3,084 Posts
That GLOCK pistol is nice. When I saw it, I thought that it should say "BANDIT1" on the other side in honor of Smokey & The Bandit.:shocked::shocked:

Black & Gold,,,,,,the dash on the old 77 TransAm looks like the chamber.

·
just me
8,179 Posts
there is a 40 slide like that on here for sale you can get that and have one to shoot and one to put up

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That GLOCK pistol is nice. When I saw it, I thought that it should say "BANDIT1" on the other side in honor of Smokey & The Bandit.:shocked::shocked:

Black & Gold,,,,,,the dash on the old 77 TransAm looks like the chamber.
I know, I really like it. I have not fired it yet, I don't know if I should or not! I've got a streamlight TLR-2 light/laser combo on the way to install on this baby. It's nice, thats for sure.

Would you guys fire it? I've already got a g27

·
Trailer Park Commando
267 Posts
wow, good lookin piece. i try not to be, but i'm a sucker fo da bling :D

·
Registered
2,280 Posts

·
Banned
474 Posts
I've seen a 26 the same way. For about the same price.

They are nice.

It seems the thing to carry, waring a suit. The blue on the slide is deep and brilliant. The gold inlay adds a nice touch.

I'd have one in a heart beat.

But people like this. Have to be smoking crack out of a lead pipe:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=102790090
Doesnt that auction say that it is for 2 guns with consecutive numbers? 2 pistols like that at that price isnt all that bad considering what the OP paid for his.

·
NRA Life Member
14,407 Posts
Is the blue over the tennifer or is it removed before hand? I love a blued gun as much as everybody else but I got to say the finish on my Glock is about the best I've ever seen.

Other than it's a pair each gun comes to around $564. A good price if it's your interest.
Tennifer has nothing to do with the finish on the Glock.

·
NY Yankees
37 Posts
As a fellow G23 owner, I can appreciate that kind of purchase. However, as some have said, the gold lettering and jeweled chamber are a little tacky. Another thing is, I think that the gloss on the slide is nice and all, but I'm not sure that it "meshes" with the guns very matte black frame. I like the stock slide because the gun looks like it belongs together. Good purchase though, now go get a case and go to the range.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts