Glock 17 Just bought a G17

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ca_brit, Jul 16, 2005.

Tags:
  1. ca_brit

ca_brit

After a year of shooting my G22 I finally admited that is just way easier to shoot a 9mm and shot placement with speed is what counts in IDPA matches and real life. One G22 will be listed WTS as soon as my 10 day wait is up.

Side note. My local gun store had a "gun show" event today. It was great to have to wait in line for so long because so many San Francisco Bay Area Californian's were buying guns. There is hope for this state yet.

2. RENEA

RENEA Black Rifle guy

Nice. Enjoy your G 17!:)

3. ca_brit

ca_brit

Thanks - I pick it up tommorow (end of 10 day wait).

Sleeping tonight will not be easy, it has been a while since I got a new Glock.

4. buddyRoland

buddyRoland Proud Pop

Got mine yesterday but didn't have to wait because Virginia gun laws are number one. Congrats on another good weapon. I had 3 40sw's and 2 45's earlier this year now I have only 9mm's. It's much, much cheaper and easier to shoot. I can even afford the targets and other shooting items more. Good luck and go out there and win.

5. ca_brit

ca_brit

Picked her up and she shoots really well. I've had a fair bit of trainning and find the 9mm really easy. Shot placement is simple and follow up shots fast. I enjoy my .40 S&W and range budy's .45 ACP but 9mm is great.

I shoot IDPA and it will be intersting to see if my scores improve.

PS - just found out that my wife voted _for_ the 10 day wait in CA. I think she owes me another gun for that!

6. 147 Grain

147 Grain

Congratulations:

Steve

P.S. As a general rule, 147-gr. loads from the major manufactures almost always outperform less weight bullets.

Ranger T
    Golden Saber
    Gold Dot

Raise your sights to the triangle area of the chest, between both nipples and up to the base of the throat, and you can't go wrong.