Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the fall will be coming soon, and I was thinking maybe we should have a meet. Maybe a BBQ and swap meet. Look I dont know were or what, but maybe we could put all thoughts , and post what we could do.. It be nice if someone had a farm or ranch, we all can meet.. we could even raffel off some prizes..... John B

·
Polymer Butcher
8,093 Posts
Sounds good. Maybe we can find the most central meeting place to the majority of the Florida Glockers. Glocks, BBQ, and family, sounds like a good time.:wavey:

·
Senior Moment
2,989 Posts
Central-ish, FL? Maybe one of the state parks just south of I-4 (Sebastian area)?

·
Banned
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A state park maybe good, but what about if we do firearm trading of bring guns and parts and ect to trade or swap...How would be the state park laws affect us. to do it legal....any thought.. Thanks JohnB

·
Crusty Member
10,927 Posts
There's a public range in the Ocala National Forest.

Never been there...but I've heard mixed things about it.

·
Registered
220 Posts

·
Florida Cracker
1,948 Posts
Sounds like fun to me:)

·
Banned
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ill look into some places soon. But About what month in the fall sounds good to everyone.....Its must be a weekend pref sat....... Ps this is a family thing so everyone is welcome....as the time comes closer well talk about food and coolers to bring..:supergrin: john

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
http://www.ocls.info/VIRTUAL/FastFacts/fastFactDetails.asp?FastFactsID=18&bhcp=1

Geographic Center of Florida
Question:

Where is Florida’s geographic center?
Answer:

Florida’s geographic center is 12 miles northwest of Brooksville, in Hernando County.

Answer from:

Florida Almanac 2004-2005 by Del Marth and Martha J. Marth Pelican Publishing Company, Gretna 2002 pg. 40

Last updated April 30, 2007

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I am game...

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
There's a public range in the Ocala National Forest.

Never been there...but I've heard mixed things about it.
Some people love it and some hate it. I've been there a number of times and attended a sigforum shoot there. The locals seem to get pretty pissed off about a large group of people there.

I would probably be game for a meet and greet if it wasn't too far away from me.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Some people love it and some hate it. I've been there a number of times and attended a sigforum shoot there. The locals seem to get pretty pissed off about a large group of people there.

I would probably be game for a meet and greet if it wasn't too far away from me.
I would be interested also if it's in the Central Florida area. Is this still in the works?

·
Always in Range
42 Posts
I'm down for it as well... I live in Miami but I wouldnt mind driving up to central florida!

·
Premium Member
6,999 Posts
There is another one in Lakeland, http://www.tenoroc.us/ if that is more central to the group.
After looking at the list of outdoor ranges in the state, I think this is the best facility and the most central to everybody. Between Tampa and Orlando, and central to Jacksonville and Naples/Ft.Laud.

I like it. We ought to consider a date, something like Saturday, November 8th. Gives everyone plenty of time to stock up and prepare.

If this starts getting some traction, I'll ask one of the mods to sticky this where more Floridians will see it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Saddle Creek might be a better choice, it is close to tenoroc and they have a picnic area. We could do some kind of lunch then go cook some rounds off @ the range. Price wise it is cheaper 5 dollars vs. 10 (hey every penny counts nowadays) I can talk to one of the RO there Bob he seems pretty cool and I have never had any issues, well not including the armadillo that like to cross the range while its hot.

http://www.saddlecreekpark.com/

·
Premium Member
6,999 Posts
Saddle Creek might be a better choice, it is close to tenoroc and they have a picnic area. We could do some kind of lunch then go cook some rounds off @ the range. Price wise it is cheaper 5 dollars vs. 10 (hey every penny counts nowadays) I can talk to one of the RO there Bob he seems pretty cool and I have never had any issues, well not including the armadillo that like to cross the range while its hot.

http://www.saddlecreekpark.com/
Actually that looks quite nice.

·
Senior Moment
2,989 Posts
I'd be up for it. Never knew that place existed. I know about Tenoroc and SouthernExposure, but not this place. Looks cool. About 3 hrs for me (from NE FL).

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.