Just a heads up...............Trijicon N/S re lamp

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cadillacguns, Sep 27, 2020.

1. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Over a month ago I sent a gen 3 G-19 slide with dead Trijicon n/s back to them in Wixom MI by USPS for them to re lamp the n/s already on the slide, I contacted them and proceeded through their instructions to get a return authorization and return bar code to place on my slides shipping box. I received an e mail from them a week later that my slide was in their facility awaiting a technician check/inspection, and I would be contacted by Trijicon when my Glock slide Trijicon n/s had been re lamped.

It has been over a month since then about six weeks total, and I checked up with them (Trijicon) by e mail and received this response last week.

Good Afternoon Sir,
    Thank you for your service and for your inquiry. Your slide has been received and is still waiting to be assigned to a Repair Technician. The current turn-around time for repairs is approximately 6-8 weeks. For additional information or assistance, please contact our Repair Team directly at 1-800-338-0563 Ext. 1553, or online at [email protected].
    Sincerely,
    Steve
    Trijicon® Technical Support

OK so I wait, good folks at Trijicon, but I have sent about five or six Glock slides back over the years and never more than a three week total turn around time, I know its Covid Crazy out there and everything is slow, I just wanted to give any other Glocker a heads up.
    It is $57 ea for relamping at Trijicon, so maybe I should have sent the slide to Glock for new Glock night sights.
    I think their turn around time is quicker.

Just an FYI.

2. switch625

switch625 S. S. Squirrel

Glock night sights suck, unless you're talking about the Ameriglos. Trijicon makes the best sights, especially the HD line.

As you said, they're busy, be patient Grasshoppa.

Gfive45 likes this.

3. Buckshot Barry

Buckshot Barry

Sorry to hear cadillacguns.

About 5 years ago I purchased all the tools to properly change both front and rear sights. I can’t tell you what a convince that has been, my eyes aren’t the best at 61 and I went through several brands until I finally found the best for me (TruGlo TFX Xtremes).

All the tools were probably less than $100 total, including rear sight tool, digital caliper, machinist rule, and STEEL front sight tool. Add a small tube of red and blue loctite and I haven’t found a sight install I wasn’t prepared for.

4. cadillacguns

I will switch, as a PSA, I just really wanted to let other Glockers know of the time constraints, some like me, just grab another Glock, but some may have to send in their only EDC, and be packing a loaner until their slide comes back.

Buckshot Barry likes this.
  5. tango44

tango44

I sent back a set of sights on 2016 took about 3 weeks and they sent me back my sights with new lamps I intalled back the sights and still going stron on my G26!

6. Justamessenger

Justamessenger

That’s frustrating. I would not give up possession of the slide to save $70 (assuming new Trijicon sights are $127 with free installation at a dealer). Too many things lost in the mail these days.

7. ak103k

ak103k

Meprolight, which I believe are the same as Glock factory three dots, have been costing me around $50-60 on Amazon the last couple of times Ive bought them. Usually, have them in a day or two with Prime too.

I have a 45 that I got used that has Trijicon's on it, and I like the size/width of the front sight, but I dont see paying the premium to get it. They also dont seem to be as bright as the Mepros either.

It would be interesting to hear if you think that they actually "relamped" your old sights. I would think they would just pull the old ones off and pop a new set on. Sounds like to much work otherwise.

8. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

Trijicon isn’t what it used to be.

Overall quality has been slipping over the past several years and they use too many Chinese machined and manufactured components for my liking.

Next time just send the slide to Glock, their GNS are the best deal out there for night sights.

And the turnaround is lightning fast.

9. cadillacguns

Yeah I’ve learned my lesson, I like it that they remove the old lamps and install new ones, while still on your slide. Your POA remains the same.
    GNS from now on.

10. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

Seems as though the night sight market has been shaken up a bit. I used to prefer Trijicon but I was unhappy with my last set, the HD’s they were on the tall side with sharp edges. Also the markings wore off when I pressed them into the dovetail. I currently like AmeriGlo Agents best. Glock OEM is still the best for the buck. The listings are sometimes hard to follow but I think TruGlo is the same as Meprolight? When I was shopping for my last set I came across a couple new to me brands. I even saw one set advertised as “glow in the dark”, suggesting that you use the light on your phone to “charge” the sights.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  11. Papa glock

Papa glock

I have Trijicon HD’s and HD XR’s and I love them. I need two more sets of night sights. I have a Glock with the Vickers sights which I have both a fiber and a tritium front sight. I hate those sights. So I’m thinking of trying Mepros again. I used some Mepros a long time ago and they were good. I’m interested in these to try-

2C04E02F-7A6E-4776-9CBB-63DE87D5B0C6.jpeg

12. nutsnax

nutsnax

Ameriglo has way better service than this. By far.

13. Nagoya10

Nagoya10

Holy cow, sending a slide away for nearly 2 months for night sight cartridge replacement? Pick up some new sights on eBay or Amazon, install them with the sight tools you *should* already own. Yeah it will cost a little more but that is so more worth it than have half your gun gone to someplace and trust in the crappy USPS or other carriers to not lose it. I have changed sights probably half a dozen times with my sight pusher and nut driver, saved me mucho money and time and can do sight adjustments easily now.

GlockPride likes this.
  14. Jim

Jim

Regarding service times-
    Last week I called S&W about getting a simple repair on a revolver.
    They sent me a free FedEx pickup tag, but advised that turn-around time would be about six months for any non-warranty repair.

15. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

Are you aware that Trijicon owns AmeriGlo?

16. nutsnax

nutsnax

Now i know.

And knowing is half the battle!

Papa glock likes this.
  17. cadillacguns

I just bought my own sight pusher last week, and will do my own from now on, having a gen 3 slide out there not on its assigned frame bugs me too, I cannot wait to get it back.

PS cause someone asked, Trijicon heats up your sights and pulls the old lamps out and replaces them with new tubes.

Buckshot Barry, Papa glock and ak103k like this.
  18. Toocool45

Toocool45

I'm glad you opened this post. As I have 2 Sets to send back. But I'll remove them myself.

19. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

I get that all sorts of things are delayed (from night sights to voting ballots to toilet paper store restocking...), but this is a bit crazy. That is a long time to wait.

Perhaps Trijicon and S&W have the same problem... namely demand is so ridiculous that taking time to do anything OTHER than push brand new products out the door to meet unprecedented demand is missing the most profitable option of the day. They are better off going light on people in the repair department, and have all of them shipping new product out so that the NICS checks can keep flowing and they can watch their products fly off store shelves.

Useful to know, and sorry you got hit with a long delay, and thanks for the public heads up. Yikes! Crazy times!

HEXE9 likes this.
  20. CladderPup

CladderPup

Why would you send the whole slide? Just take the sights off and send those only.