close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just a comment or two...

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Norman, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Norman

Norman Non nobis CLM

I read the latest update about hardware trouble, and the new updates to the website (the paid tier memberships and such) and wanted to comment on two things...

One--Why have a picture hosting service on your website? That seems like it would take a lot of bandwidth and load. That should be a premium feature for the highest of the paid membership tiers. There are plenty of free places to have your pictures hosted (photobucket, for one) that people should take advantage of, and not load pictures onto your hardware.

Two--I'm anxiously awaiting this paid membership thing. Especially if it comes with some nice new features that members would really find useful. Contests are okay but it seems like it gives you a lot of work, and most people don't win anything. I'm good to go on a paid membership, just have nice features and stuff ready for those of us who shell out the cash. Keep your paypal up for that membership drive. I'm pretty sure that just with the 50 or so regulars in the OAF, you could come up with a nice chunk of that $4000 in paid memberships. Only thing is, I for one would like to see what exactly we'll be getting, so the sooner that whole new paid membership and website update gets in motion, the sooner I would imagine the money situation improves. Memberships in the $10 $30 $50 range seems reasonable to me.

2. vote Republican

vote Republican White and nerdy Moderator

From what I understand from Eric, bandwidth isn't the issue, it's processing power. He doesn't seem overly concerned about pics.

Also, I think he needs to get past the current crisis and then hopefully the paid tiers will be coming along soon.