Jury Recommends Death for Connecticut Man in Home Invasion Rape-Murders

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Restless28, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Restless28

Restless28

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/0...nalty-th-day-connecticut-home-invasion-trial/

"A Connecticut man will be sentenced to death for the grisly murder of a mother and her two daughters during a 2007 break-in at the family's upscale home."

But...

"Hayes looked straight ahead and had no obvious reaction as the jury's sentence was announced. He will join nine other men on Connecticut's death row. The state has only executed one man since 1960, so Hayes will likely spend years, if not decades, in prison."

There is no justice. :steamed:

I hate the legal system.

2. ray9898

ray9898

If you don't give him death you might as well take it off the books. He is as deserving as it gets.

3. Twisted Steel

Twisted Steel And Sex Appeal

I'm always trying to learn from these situations. I wondered how they picked this family as their victims, and it turns out one of the thugs spotted the mom and daughters at the grocery store, followed them home, then returned later with the other guy.

The father said he was asleep on the couch and was awakened with them standing over him, apparently after being struck by them. It makes me wonder if an inside dog would have helped alert the family to danger.

4. W420Hunter

W420Hunter

It was rape an murder. On the upside hes going to feel what they felt every night he is in jail. Death is to good for scum like this.

5. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

If he didn't get death for this crime why even have it on the books?

Now comes the part where they keep him on death row for 20 years at tax payer's expense until appeal after appeal is exhausted. Then finally, sometime in 2030 or so they might actually get around to it. I like the Chinese system where they have execution mobiles parked right outside the courtroom. After sentencing you get on the bus and ten minutes later you're dead and gone.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  6. GLOCK35TX

GLOCK35TX As seen on TV

...I am a huge advocate of the death penalty but all in all the only "pain" he would feel would be a needle in his arm,..... let him rot in a cell....

7. Nutt51

Nutt51

Too bad it's not Texas or Florida. He is SCUM.
    They should take him out today and set him on fire like he did
    that little girl and let him die slow.
    I have more feelings for a rat or cockroach than I would for him.
    Special place waiting for him, I'd send him there now.

8. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

Nothing quite like going into a very liberal semi urban neighborhood and committing a truly horrible crime, to find out just how forgiving and tolerant a bunch they really are.

I believe him and his partner deserve such a penalty, but where they committed the crime ensured them of getting the penalty he just got. Nothing like a liberal scorned, and made to be aware of the actual dangers we all face every day, to make a believer out of them.

9. Happy Hunting

Happy Hunting

I actually have a debate on the death penalty on Friday, but it all has to be done in Spanish. In this case I'd say no appeal, no remorse, and I'd let the father go after these monsters however he pleased.

Have you all seen the statistic that death row inmates cost about 20 times as much as regular life without parole inmates for the state?

10. Twisted Steel

Twisted Steel And Sex Appeal

If you mean being treated badly by his roommate Tookie, he will be on death row. I think they are mostly isolated in their single cell. In TN, death row inmates have it pretty good.

For Tookie treatment, he would need to be in general population.

11. Kedyn

Kedyn

I don't know about that. Recently a man was convicted in Kansas of kidnap, rape, sodomy, and murder, and apparently he spends 23 of 24 hours a day in his cell, with one hour out alone. He has no human contact at all.

After a while, I'm not sure which would be worse.

12. AZ DBLTRBL

AZ DBLTRBL Out Of Order CLM

I've been following this case from the beginning and I was getting a bit nervous that it took them so long to come to this conclusion. It never ceases to amaze me how dark and evil some people's hearts are. The men involved in this crime should be the poster children for the death penalty.

I don't know how the husband/father will ever heal from this. The sentence these maggots get will be much easier to serve than the one handed down to this poor man.

13. swinokur

swinokur

I will gladly give an extra buck on my electric or gas bill to send this human garbage on his way. I hope CT. has the guts after his appeals are exhausted to finish the job.

14. community

community Member

good. another BG down the tubes. May he rot in hell.

15. varmint6

varmint6

Great news!! wish we could burn him alive. Ill pop for the gas too.