Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
5,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This video from Mocek’s digital camera shows the confrontation between Mocek and TSA/law enforcement, including Mocek declining to turn off camera when TSA became uncomfortable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc5DBUK1K8M

Charges included:

concealing his identity, refusing to obey a lawful order (it was never entirely clear whether this was supposed to have been an order to turn off his camera, an order to leave the airport despite having a valid ticket, or an order to show ID, none of which would have been lawful orders), trespassing, and disorderly conduct.

Rest of the story is here:
http://papersplease.org/wp/2011/01/22/phil-mocek-found-not-guilty-by-albuquerque-jury/

·
Banned
3,060 Posts
Awesome. I wonder if he really needed to catch a flight or just decided to buy a ticket and stand up to them?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Ok so his rights were violated by the police at the airport. Both the police and the TSA didn't follow the rules and he's out of a lot of money in legal fees. What happens now. Seems to me that the DA, police and TSA should be picking up the tab as well as punitive damages.

I'm guessing that won't happen and it will be situation normal in ABQ.

·
Banned
5,471 Posts
Ok so his rights were violated by the police at the airport. Both the police and the TSA didn't follow the rules and he's out of a lot of money in legal fees. What happens now. Seems to me that the DA, police and TSA should be picking up the tab as well as punitive damages.

I'm guessing that won't happen and it will situation normal in ABQ.
I'm guessing that the civil part of this mess will start pretty soon.

·
Banned
20,343 Posts
Thank goodness, I hope he files a lawsuit for this abuse of his civil rights and kicks their tyrannical asses a second time.

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
I'm glad he won, his video makes them and the cops look like idiots.

·
Banned
3,060 Posts
..What happens now. Seems to me that the DA, police and TSA should be picking up the tab as well as punitive damages. I'm guessing that won't happen and it will situation normal in ABQ.
I'm no lawyer but doesn't this help set precedent in similar criminal cases?

·
Registered
5,109 Posts

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Those videos REALLY make the TSA look like the complete idiots that they are.

The police didn't fare much better.
You don't need videos to make TSA agents look like complete idiots, they do I good job on their own.
I know of one TSA agent with a S&M dungeon in his living room.:wow:

·
That's right!
8,151 Posts
Good for him!
Can he press charges for false arrest now???

·
Registered
187 Posts
this is the kind of thing we all know is happening, but yet the majority of us just have to do along due to the finanical loss one would take to fight something like this.

·
Registered
25,607 Posts
The result would have been different if he did not have the recording.

·
Use Linux!
15,639 Posts
this is the kind of thing we all know is happening, but yet the majority of us just have to do along due to the finanical loss one would take to fight something like this.
Which is exactly why we need to stand united and stop this frakking bickering over inane topics. So long as we the people are divided over issues that really are miniscule, we the people will never be able to present a united front of resistance to the abuses perpetrated by our government.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts