close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Jury Duty

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by area727, Jan 23, 2010.

1. area727

area727 G23

I just got my mail today...got a Jury Summons, uggg. :faint: This is a first for me, never been summoned before.

Anyone have any good jury duty stories?

2. 2@low8

2@low8

Oh, yeah. Got picked for a jury. Everyone says, you're a banker, you're an NRA life member, no chance you get picked. Don't believe them. Got picked for a death penalty trial, sequestered in a Motel 6 for 5 nights. Got drafted as Jury Foreman. I could have given the dude the needle but I had a bleeding heart on the jury that felt sorry for the punk's momma. Slime-ball got life in prison.

Looked him up on the inmate page, boy, he's a real beauty. Shaved head, tats all over his head. Nothing like the poor little innocent in the tie and white shirt in the courtroom.

Sucker and his buddy killed a sheriffs wife in a car-jacking. His buddy sucked the end of his rifle so we didn't have to deal with him. Just his pathetic lackey.

3. GlocknSpiehl

GlocknSpiehl NRA Life Member

I never get called for jury duty. I really want to serve too!

4. area727

area727 G23

I honestly wont mind if i get chosen (depending on the type of case/crime), because this type of stuff does interest me, its just the sitting around all day waiting which sucks.

5. den888

den888

I have served 6-7 times. I view it as an educational experience as I like to listen to the logic behind the deliberations.

6. Jon_R

Jon_R

I have been called 4-5 times. Only once did I make it to a jury pool and then they found enough jurors before they even got to me so I never even got to be questioned. It was a capital murder trial in Orlando.

It does not bother me. My work pays me my regular wage. If I didn't get paid I would like it a lot less. :)

7. major

major Rejected member

Logic? What logic? Most of the people I served with were either idiots or morons. At least they had the good sense to make me the foreman both times I served, so I was able to get guilty verdicts and send two scumbags to prison.

8. jlprtr

jlprtr CLM

Chances are you can simply call the court or county clerk in your area, and volunteer. At least you can here. Your employer will never know, and you will have done a civic duty.

9. REDDAWN

REDDAWN

I go the 28th. When you set on a Jury you'll get to meet some REAL Liberals/Dumb asses.....:whistling:

10. LEO/Dad

LEO/Dad Navy Veteran

I have been called three or four times. I would like to serve, however when the judge asks the question about are there any law enforcement members in your family, I always see the defense attorney making notes...........when I answer!

11. ThePhoneGuy

ThePhoneGuy

Sat through the voir dier? part several times. Answered honestly (except for how many guns) never got selected.

12. Kasinefect

Kasinefect

I've been called 6 times and served on 2 juries, one civil and one criminal. While it is indeed quite educational it is nothing like TV.

13. Squaw Man Wolfer

Squaw Man Wolfer

14. kestrou

kestrou Pin Member #4

+1 on that - maybe some magazines like American Handgunner or Solder of Fortune! :)

Got called once, got picked, and served as foreman (anybody see a trend of that here in the postings? :whistling: ) and sent a drug dealer up for a LOT of years...

kestrou

15. holyjohnson

holyjohnson

i was,and was picked and served on a jury.......we gave the guy 52 years and i still feel good about it.

16. Fracball

Fracball Authorized User

I was in the pool for a death penalty trial once. IIRC, the defendent kidnapped a teenage boy, killed him and dumped his body in a pond. The trial was abruptly postponed when one of the witnesses had to undergo a kidney transplant. I've tried to find out what eventually happened, but could not find any information. The original trial was in Tulsa county OK, late 1990's.

17. Truffle8Shuffle

Truffle8Shuffle

I served back in September on the final trial for the Dunbar Village rape case. Found the scum guilty on 13 felony counts. He then got life but since he was a juvie at the time of the crime, it could get reduced if the Supreme Court rules it to be cruel and unusual. If it had been up to me, they all would've been taken out back and put down like the animals they are.

Go and serve your civic duty as an American. And yes, take a good book in case you have to wait around forever.

18. Lurkus Maximus

Lurkus Maximus

Before serving, you should become familiar with the term "Jury Nullification" and all that it implies. Read about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_nullification

In addition, you should read the "Juror's Handbook" available here:

http://fija.org/

at the bottom of the page.

I guarantee, if you've never heard the term, you will say "WOW!".

19. area727

area727 G23

The paper said there will be wifi access for laptops. Perhaps I'll hop on this site while I wait. :supergrin: