Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a Junior shooter become a Glock master? I know if a junior shooter wins a match he cannot win a gun but I wondered if it can qualifiy him/her for master.
Thanks for any input

·
"Shootin Steel"
625 Posts
Yes.
A junior shooter that has taken 1st in a division can win first place. After 3 first place finishes they will make master just like a Amateur shooter. Only difference being is their prizes. 1st jr win is a lifetime membership with gssf and 100.00 (LM-100). 2nd and 3rd time is 290/210, 290.00 check from gssf and 210.00 in vouchers from gssf. After making master as long as they are a Junior they will receive the 290/210. In some cases after their 18th birthday, they may be rewarded a pistol certificate but the Jr will have to sign over the certificate to a parent.

Also a Junior can win Matchmeister as well, which will count torwards a first place win.

Here is the ruling from GSSF rules online.

190.130 Non-Firearm Awards to Junior Competitors. Due to federal law, firearms may not be awarded to competitors who will not reach their 21st birthday within the GLOCK Professional then-current fiscal/calendar year. GLOCK Professional’s fiscal year always closes as of December 31. GSSF no longer issues Bonds. Junior Competitors (<18 years of age) will receive a lifetime membership and $100 check in lieu of a GLOCK firearms certificate. If the junior already has a lifetime membership, GSSF will award a $190 check and seven (7) $30 vouchers ($210 value) redeemable for entries to future GSSF matches. Adult Competitors between the ages of 18 and 21 who are not GSSF Life Members who win what would be a firearms award for Adult GSSF members over the age of 21 will receive a lifetime membership and $100 check in lieu of a GLOCK firearms certificate. Where permitted by State law it may be possible for a Lifetime GSSF competitor who has reached the age of 18 but who is less than 21 years of age to transfer his or her legal interest in a firearms award to a parent or legal guardian. If this is the case, contact GSSF to explore the matter. Where such a transfer is not practicable the Lifetime GSSF competitor will receive an award of a $190 check and seven (7) $30 vouchers ($210 value) redeemable for entries to future GSSF matches.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
I almost forgot, I believe Austin Ariss (sp) was a junior when he made Master. I think there is another kid in AZ (Emilio Woods?) that made Master last year as well? But Andrea was the first?

·
20,419 Posts
I think Grady's son was the first.

Reactions: PM720

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys...My son shot at Mt Pleasant this weekend and finished 1st in Civilian division, 2nd in competition, 3rd in Master stock. He was told by someone that since 1st in competition and 1st and 2nd in master stock were ineligible for gun wins that it qualified him for master.. I was just trying to get some clarity on that. Whatever the outcome I'm super proud of him. He had a blast this weekend!

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
The 1st in Civ amd 2nd (1st Amateur) in Comp will qualify toward Master status. Unfortunately Master Stock is a level field divison, there are no separate classes within that division so he will be in 3rd place there.

Looks like he shot very consistently. Just needs 1 more win to jump in the deep end! LOL! Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 1st in Civ amd 2nd (1st Amateur) in Comp will qualify toward Master status. Unfortunately Master Stock is a level field divison, there are no separate classes within that division so he will be in 3rd place there.

Looks like he shot very consistently. Just needs 1 more win to jump in the deep end! LOL! Good luck!
Thank you PM720! He wanted bragging rights for being a master at 13 yrs old. Looks like he will have to wait until Spencer to go for that 3rd one and he will be 14 by then. Haha

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Thank you PM720! He wanted bragging rights for being a master at 13 yrs old. Looks like he will have to wait until Spencer to go for that 3rd one and he will be 14 by then. Haha
13?! Thats it, I'm retiring from shooting. Getting tired of all these young whippersnappers with no respect for their elders! :crying::D:D

Thats awesome, sounds like he has a bright future in the shooting sports!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks for the input guys...My son shot at Mt Pleasant this weekend and finished 1st in Civilian division, 2nd in competition, 3rd in Master stock. He was told by someone that since 1st in competition and 1st and 2nd in master stock were ineligible for gun wins that it qualified him for master.. I was just trying to get some clarity on that. Whatever the outcome I'm super proud of him. He had a blast this weekend!
Great to see all the hard work paying off, both Dad and son. I hope to see him on the Olympic shooting team or other equally great feats that are possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great to see all the hard work paying off, both Dad and son. I hope to see him on the Olympic shooting team or other equally great feats that are possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks dg370, me too.. He is fun to watch. I was never a regular shooter but since he got involved almost 2 years ago he has opened my eyes to the importance of making sure our youth know how to responsibly handle a gun and have some skill level shooting them. I encourage all parents to do the same.

·
Registered
13,558 Posts
I’m not sure on the first Jr male. I know Andrea was the first Jr female master at 15 years old.

Also became first Jr female to win Matchmeister at 18.
Pretty sure it was Cody Tucker followed by Colin Whitelaw.

I ROed Cody at his first match in Conyers. He was lightning fast on his first shot, think he missed everytime. After getting that out of the way he did great. I ask John how long he's been kicking his ass and he said for a while now.

Reactions: Tbone17
1 - 13 of 13 Posts