Glock Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
RIP Stan Lee.. . .
19,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Picked up three new pistols in the past month or so.
The first was the Shield. Sportsman's Warehouse had a sale on Shields. Something like $375 or $399. Don't remember exactly. I got there too late as they were all gone. The salesman said that they were all sold out. But another salesman jumped in and said: "There is still one in the back". He brought out this old dust covered box with a 1.0 Shield in it. Checked the price and it came up at $299. So I bought it.

On the down side, it locked up a day after I picked it up. The slide was jammed. Never even put a single round through it. I was just working the slide and dry-firing. Sent it to S&W and it ended up that the plastic recoil rod had snapped. They replaced it with a newer metal rod recoil assembly and sent it back to me.

Waiting for a IWB holster I ordered. The Urban Carry OWB holster in the picture is nice, but with a gun that size, IWB really conceals well. I put Foxx stick-on grips on it because the standard Shield grip is like sandpaper and is uncomfortable when rubbing against your skin.

This will be my daily carry. With everything going on I decided I needed an upgrade from my 442 J frame and my Ruger LCP. I'll probably order the mag-guts kit for all of my Shield mags that will give me a +1 on all of my mags without adding any length to the magazines.

=====

Next was the Mosberg MC2c. I was wandering around Bi-Mart looking at guns. Saw the MC2c in the case for $379. Had never heard of them so I googled them and came back with a bunch of positive reviews so I took a chance and bought it on the spot. Figured worse case if I didn't like it I could re-sell it or trade it. It is extremely thin so it carries well IWB. Has a 13 round flush mag and a 15 round extended mag. With the flush 13 round mag I can get a true 3 finger grip on the gun.

I'm using a el-cheapo $20 holster right now as being a new release, the holster options are limited. Hopefully in a few months some of the better holster makers will come out with some good IWB options for it. I really like this gun. I mainly bought it because it was a good value, and I was concerned that if Trump loses in Nov, buying NORMAL capacity handguns might become impossible. So it was a fall-back safety-net purchase. No regrets so far.

=====

Finally I picked up a CZ 75 PCR decocker. A while back I posted a thread asking "What's the closest thing to a S&W Gen 3 9mm". Someone recommended looking at the CZ line, so I did. Liked the compact decockers and eventually found a PCR locally and bought it. Really like it.

I swapped out the plastic guide rod for a stainless one and changed the grips. Ordered a Don Hume OWB holster for it which should be arriving in a couple weeks.

=====

Next on my list is one of the new Marlin Dark Series 444 "guide guns".

·
Registered
763 Posts
That is a great price for the Mossberg... I haven't seen them less that $489 or so.
I gave their SC model a try, and I say its every bit as a performer as the Glock 43 or Shield... and I only paid $299 for it!
Please give a range report on its bigger brother... they intrigue me and I've been trying to "collect the whole set" of Glock 19ish sized compacts/mid sizes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.