Julie Goloski

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Ian, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Ian

Ian Millennium Member

Does anyone know why Julie left Glock for S&W?

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

3. Ian

Ian Millennium Member

:rofl:
    Hi Danny, how's it going?
    I am interested to know if she has had a lot more problems with her handguns since leaving Glock (I bet she has)
    Shame to loose such a lovely lady.
    When did she change over?

4. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

True.
    Left last year (right after Glock included her in their published info describing their team). Good for her, fine shooter in her own right, she's competed with all kinds of platforms, even back when she in the Army. Am sure S&W is capable of putting match-quality guns in her hands with which to win; at that level it's very much up to the shooter to get it done.

:patriot:

5. JonInWA

JonInWA

While I'm not personally all that enamoured with Smith & Wesson (particularly regarding their automatics), they certainly seem to be will to go the distance regarding their personnel acquisition, with their hiring both Julie and Earnest Langdon. It will be interesting seeing how this all plays out, and what, if any product improvements result.

Best, Jon

6. degoodman

degoodman Out of Columbus

She's shooting M&P's mostly from what I've seen in the various nibbles of coverage, and she's still winning trophies by the pile. As much as people don't want to believe that there's nothing as reliable as a Glock, from what I've seen of late, a very few early production models aside, the M&P is every bit the pistol that the Glock is, with a thinner grip and the adjustable backstraps as icing on the cake. I'm still shooting one for reliability and shakedown purposes, which is likely to run another couple thousand rounds, but unless something changes, the M&P compact is looking pretty likely to replace Glock as my primary carry weapon. In the reliability department they've been equalled, and in the ergonomics department, Glock's been beaten like a rented mule.

And while Julie's on fire, I can't say the same thing of Dave Sevigny of late. I'm sure he'd still smoke my behind as well as everyone I've ever shot against, but he seems to be falling behind a bit compared to his peers...ah well.

And while I love their guns, my understanding is that working for Glock is not exactly a bed of roses. Their compensation package is at the low end of of the totem pole, they have pretty high output requirements of their regional sales folks, etc. They seem to turn people over with great frequency, whether in Smyrna, or over at the home base.

I also heard that Smith put Julie over in their "club 1852" administration and have her in new product development. Sounds like a relative "dream job" for her.

Shooters like Julie and others in the top eschilon seem to shine no matter what equipment you press into their hands. I hope she enjoys the job over at Smith and continues to enjoy great success in the competetive disciplines. We need women like her on the front lines in the shooting industry and the shooting sports to broaden our appeal and soften out image.

7. SocomCen

SocomCen Millennium Member

Huh?

He won the 2006 USPSA Limited Nat'l using a Glock 35 (with Sevigny sights, a trigger job, tungsen guide rod and a magwell).

He placed 2nd at the Single Stack Nationals, lost to Rob Leatham, who has one it MANY times lately.

8. Terminator

Terminator

I think if you look that over Rob, Todd Jarrett placed 2nd, and Dave was 3rd.

It was disappointing to see Dave finish 3rd in Production, a division he had owned for several years behind TGO, and Angus Hobdell. for anyone else it would a great year, but for dave i guess it could be considered a let down.

9. Houngan

Houngan

There's a looong gap between the old Smith automatics and the M&P. The latest and greatest guns are all pretty similar, it comes down to taste and accessories, which is where Glock really shines.

H.

10. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Tiger Woods occasionally doesn't lead going into the weekend either; same in other sports. A competitor does the best they can, that day.

Finishing right behind Rob & Todd still puts you in pretty select company. Oh, to be that 'bad'. ;)

11. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Now Wes, I overheard either Butch or Dwight saying that "You were bad". You mean they were wrong? :rofl: :thumbsup: :wavey:

12. Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Dave falling off the pace???

You guys are off your freaking rocker. :rofl:

How 'bout this...hold up your hand if you've beaten Robbie Leatham at any big matches. (Oh...look...Dave has his hand up.)

And, for the record:
    2005 USPSA Limite-10 Nationals
    1 Dave Sevigny
    2 Rob Leatham

2006 SINGLE Stack (1911) Nationals
    1 Robbie Leatham
    2 Todd Jarrett
    3 Dave Sevigny

2006 USPSA Production Nationals
    1 Rob Leatham
    2 Angus Hobdell
    3 Dave Sevigny
    4 Robert Vogel

2006 USPSA Limited
    1 Dave Sevigny
    2 Chris Tilley
    3 Robert J. Leatham
    4 Todd Jarrett

2007 USPSA Single Stack Nationals (1911)
    1 Robbie Leatham
    2 Dave Sevigny
    3 Michael Voigt

There are Grand Master shooters, then there is a top-tier of the Grand Master shooters, then there is a small handful of just a few shooters that are going to have a chance to win the big matches. Guess where Dave is...

13. Terminator

Terminator

When you think that all of it is decided by maybe 3 seconds? it really seems like an eternity doesnt it. :rofl:
    Id like to be in the same ballpark as those guys.

14. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

:animlol:
    Well, Dwight's kinda like the younger 'brother' (who got all the athletic prowess) but you can't tell what's the current street jargon with them kids; cops pickup all kinds of bad influences. Butch is my slightly younger 'brother'/coach, which means he puts up with me but shakes his head anyway sometimes. Old-time bad, sometimes. "Bad" (like David), happy to work on it. The only kinda 'bad' you won't find me bein' is the Michael Jackson kind. ;)

I'll let you know after Oakdale. :supergrin:

15. JerryGunn

JerryGunn

Actually Julie's first big sponsor was S&W, even before she entered the Army!

I met Julie at a GSSF match, and exchanged emails with her after she went to S&W. She is treated like gold there, and she likes S&W because they sponsored her as a kid before anyone knew of her. I think she feels an allegiance to S&W because they took a chance on her long ago.

I will tell you this: she is a classy lady and as sweet as they come. I wish her the best.

(DKing met her at the same match. Maybe he will chime in too.)

16. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

I met Julie at the 2005 Lexington match and I believe Dave was there also. She's so neat of a person, very down to earth and willing to listen to you if you have a question. I have emailed her and seen her website. She answered me with a detailed email and apologized because she was late sending it out. This lady is truly a class act lady and a great shooter.

17. uncowboy

uncowboy

Well I can't beleive that you guys can coment on how Dave is not doing so good. To be top 3 ,4 years in a row is an outstanding acheavment. Only 1 can be first and the unbeliavable work it takes to be up top regularly is not easy. I am sure he works his tail off. You must remember that these matches are won with Hunderads of a second. It could be as simple as where your foot landed when you stopped to fire. My hats off to all the top shooters to be able to throw your nuts out the window and go balls to the wall every time they walk to the line and come out with a top score EVERYTIME. These are great shooters that have reached the pintical of the sport.

18. Morris

Morris CLM

My daughter is 7 1/2 and showing a real interest in shooting. I'd love for her to meet Julie as a role model for "girls who shoot." Wish she'd pop out our way.

as to the S&W, more power to her. They haven''t rung my bell . . . yet.

19. nphd2000

nphd2000