close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Julie Goloski from Glock --> S&W

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by WIG19, Jun 7, 2006.

1. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (June 6, 2006) - Smith & Wesson Corp., the legendary 154-year old global provider of products and services for safety, security, protection and sport, today announced that it has named Julie Goloski to fill the post of Consumer Program Manager and to serve as the newest member of the Smith & Wesson Professional Shooting Team. Goloski will oversee Smith & Wesson's customer loyalty program, Club 1852, and will represent Team Smith & Wesson in a variety of shooting competitions throughout the year.

Rest of story here.

Sad to see her go, but I personally think it might be a smart decision for her, professionally.

All my best wishes go with her. :patriot:

2. Terminator

Terminator

Great move for S&W grabbing Julie. Rather stupid of Glock letting her go.
    One thing for sure, Doug, and Jerry wont mind having her around :)

3. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

I agree completely; as I mentioned to Butch (who sent me the lead) Sevigny's shadow is kinda like Ferrari's F1 teams. If you're #2 and Michael Schumacher has no intention of retiring, it's time to move on. In overall terms of a career move in the professional shooting world I think it's a win-win. But a good person, regardless of what's on the slide. Best of luck Julie. :thumbsup:

4. Terminator

Terminator

Ill bet we see Julie shooting the new M&P soon. I was checking one out with Fomeister at Antique and Modern Firearms in Lexington. He pointed out that its basically a Glock in disguise. She should be right at home.

5. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

She'll get more airtime too, because the typical weekend shooting shows that like to pander to S&W, Kimber & Springfield (with very little Glock) will love to have her demonstrating stuff right along with Doug Koenig. Demographically a whole bunch of things happen from a marketing perspective with Julie on board.

:patriot:

6. Mephisto

Mephisto

how can you let a hottie like that leave...

:steamed: :director: :crazy: :headscratch: :rant: :faint:

7. Terminator

Terminator

I wonder from a marketing standpoint how this looks?

8. Carlitos

Carlitos

Eventually I hope she gets to shoot the M&P because from my own testing of it & seeing what Langdon can do with one, the M&P is very good (in contrast to their last polymer pistol - the Smegma - which was/is a POS).

However, the M&P is not yet approved for shooting.

I understand that she will start shooting instead with a custom-made Production gun, the Performance Center 5906. These differ from the normal 5906 in that you can't buy them & if you call the PC, they will not make one for you at any price (called them myself in '05). They all say "PC5906" on the slide and therefore they are Production approved. But if you somehow manage to get a line on one, you can order them with 4" , 5" or 6" slide/barrel, choice of different cocking serations, safeties/decocker, sights, etc. These guns are very very nice guns which are hand-assembled by custom gunsmiths in the PC. She is very lucky to be shooting one as there are very few of them out there/in existance.

Expect her winning streak to continue; best of luck to Julie in her new job.

C.

9. Carlitos

Carlitos

Link to posts from Julie.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36333&st=50

-Reported there that she will use a Performance Center 5906 - and hopefully once the M&P is approved, she will shoot that instead. I like the M&P. Bigger news - she might shoot a revolver in competition from time to time.

10. kyjack45

kyjack45

I shot the 2005 Single Stack Classic on a squad with David Sivigny and Julie Goloski. It was fun shooting with them and they were remarkably humble in spite of their shooting ability.

11. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

About the same as Glock's Web Site.