Judge Ellis the Jury and Death Threats.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by steve4102, Aug 18, 2018.

1. steve4102

steve4102

MANAFORT’S JUDGE IS UNDER FEDERAL PROTECTION AFTER WAVE OF THREATS

Judge T.S. Ellis III revealed in open court Friday that he has received death threats relating to his presiding over Paul Manafort’s trial for bank and tax fraud at a federal court in Alexandria, Virginia.

The judge has since retained the protection of the U.S. Marshals Service.

“I have the marshal’s protection,” Ellis said. “I don’t even go to the hotel alone. I won’t even reveal the name of the hotel.”

http://dailycaller.com/2018/08/17/manafort-judge-threatened/

Well you can bet your sweet ass these threats ain't comin from Trump Deplorables.

2. steve4102

steve4102

Ellis made the comments after a coalition of news organizations — including The Washington Post, The New York Times, the Associated Press, CNN, NBC, Politico and BuzzFeed — requested the names and addresses of jurors seated for Manafort’s case.

“There is no reason to believe that extraordinary circumstances exist that would justify keeping jurors’ names sealed — particularly after they have rendered their verdict,” their motion reads.

But Ellis disagreed, and rejected the motion for fear the jurors would be subject to the same harassment he has received.

3. steve4102

steve4102

RUSH: The judge in the Manafort case just said that he has been receiving threats during the trial. I’ll guarantee you that the threats are not coming from Trump supporters, and the judge said this is why he has not released the names of the jurors. Now, guess who it is that’s been demanding the names of the jurors? None other than CNN. CNN has been demanding the names of the jurors. Why do you think CNN wants the names?

Everybody’s worried now since those questions came out yesterday that Manafort’s gonna be acquitted, it’s gonna make Mueller look bad. CNN’s trying to circle the wagons, protect the investigation, they want the name of the jurors to harass them. There’s no question. The judge says he’s not gonna release ’em.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/08/17/speculation-on-the-manafort-trial-speculation/

4. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

I just know the aliens/Russians are behind the threats!

5. JBnTX

JBnTX

Nobody's behind the threats. They're made up in order to delay the verdict until "higher powers" can determine the verdict they want.

You're watching the best reality (scripted) show there has ever been.
    Everything from the Hillary investigation to the current Manafort trial is for the benefit of the public.

What they're NOT talking about and reporting on, is what you should be worried about.

Think about it! What's never mentioned on any news channel?

michael_b likes this.
  6. Pythonman

Pythonman

What's never mentioned is the things Manafort is being accused of (maybe he did them IDK) don't hold a candle to what's suspected Hillary has done. For one thing.

7. JBnTX

JBnTX

That's right. It's the damage that Hillary Clinton, and the other foreign agents, may have done to our national security.

Our government was infiltrated at the highest level by the Russians, and the Chinese.

What secrets did they steal with the help of high ranking members (Hillary Clinton) of our government?

Mass treason has been committed by high ranking members of the State Department AND IT'S NOT EVEN BEING INVESTIGATED.

Instead, we get bombarded with the non stop "fake" dog and pony show investigations that will lead nowhere.

Nucflash, Kablam, janice6 and 2 others like this.
  8. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

Very, very true. But as it all comes down to nowadays is whether you have 'D' or an 'R' by your name. 'D' not guilty, go forth and trample the constitution and do all for your own gain, legal or not.

'R' Guilty. **** you, jail time times a thousand years of a normal sentence. I am so tired of this.

Nucflash, janice6, jeanderson and 2 others like this.
  9. michael_b

michael_b Elementary, my dear Watson.

Also, the charges are from activities NOT related to the Trump campaign.

janice6, aircarver and DonGlock26 like this.
  10. Stendec

Stendec Banned

I'll take that bet. Whose complaining most about the whole process?

Ellis is a prima donna. Federal judges have Marshal's Sevice protection anyway, and threats are routine.

It's also normal for the media to try to interview jurors after trial are over; they know darn well they can't have contact with a juror during a proceeding or else it would be tampering. But I guess that doesn't play into the conspiracy theory.

11. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

So, the Leftists are upset that this trial is probably going to clear Manafort and he cannot be used against Trump. They are blaming the judge and jury already. LOL!!

Why isn't Mueller 50 points ahead?

This is it; the end of the line for the Mueller witch hunt. He won't even move forward to sentence Flynn because he knows it's a bogus prosecution. The Russians even had the nerve to ask for a trial and discovery.
    Oh, the hilarity of it all. Now, the GOP needs to get Mueller, under oath, in front of congress to see if he knew that the FISA warrants were fraudulent.

12. steve4102

steve4102

LOL
    Actually the Judge is complaining the most. He is not putting up with any shenanigans from the Mueller team.

We Deplorables applaud Judge Ellis in his efforts to give Manafort a fair trial and not allowing Mueller to railroad him.

It is the left and the media that attack Ellis, not we Deplorables. As a result of their inability to cope with reality and a fighter for justice like Ellis, the left resorts to violence and threats of violence.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  13. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

The Clinton hit squad is very very patient bunch Democrat party needs a conviction of any kind

Fred Hansen and Dave Brubaker like this.
  14. Taz

Taz

You’re basing your conclusion of threats from Trump supported on what history? How many Trump supporters have burned down a university? How many have shot up congressional members? How many have maced, or used bike locks to attack people wearing Trump hats or dared to express opinions supporting the policies of Trump? Please tell us how Trump supporters are instigators of violence.

IFF there really are threats against the judge recent history tells us that the place to begin looking is with the fringe leftist groups. I’ll wager there are no more threats against this judge than normal. Judges tend to get protection details during high profile cases as a preemptive measure. What if the judge knows the tactics of the media and is using the routine threats as a way to keep the names of the jurors sealed as a preemptive measure to protect them from fringe elements of either side??

We have see how ethical our media has been over the past 18 months in particular and over the past few decades. They have ZERO qualms about leaking classified info, fanning the flames of violence and willfully making mass murderers famous. Why should anyone believe that they wouldn’t “accidentally” release the names of jurors prior to deliberations wrapping up??

If I was a judge I would seal the records of the jury and NEVER release them to anyone. I would do this for EVERY jury trial. Only reason the release the names would be for investigations of jurors acting inappropriately. Aside from that there is absolutely no reason to know who served on which jury. How can anyone in this nation get a fair trial if juries are afraid to make decisions. Be that for Manafort or for ***** Nuffin or for Joe Schmoe???

15. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

What if Manafort is guilty? So frick’n what? Is CNN going to spin it so that Trump is guilty as well, just because he was Trump’s campaign manager years after he committed these crimes? Jeesh, they’re desperate.

16. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

Do you really have to ask? Of course they will! The root of all evil has gone from being 'money' to being TRUMP. The saying is changed.

17. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

One of the most baseless and senseless post I've seen in here in a while - bravo!

Dave Brubaker, garander and steve4102 like this.
  18. steve4102

steve4102

His post,
    Is also bull **** and more lies from the left.

The USMS protection is for everyone within a court facility, including judges.

Judge Ellis has retained their protection outside court facilities and they now must protect him 24/7 due to the death threats from the unhinged left.

19. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

They want jurors names,by yer posting they only wanted post trial "interviews",am I correct.'08.

20. JFrame

JFrame

Leftists being leftists... :whistling: