close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

jucheck.exe

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by G-Lock808, Mar 1, 2010.

1. G-Lock808

G-Lock808

According to this http://www.ehow.com/how_4406487_remove-jucheckexe.html its a trojan disguising itself as a Java update.

Is this true? I have this pop up along with a Java update constantly and have just been closing the alerts. Should I follow the advice of the link?

Windows7

2. Sgt. Schultz

Sgt. Schultz Annoying Member

3. HKUSP45Css

HKUSP45Css

jusched.exe and jucheck.exe are perfectly benign processes run by Sun's Java updater. I don't care what the guy at eHow says to the contrary.

If it bothers you just go and uncheck the auto update ability for Java.

It is not a virus.

OK, I stand partially corrected: If jucheck.exe is located in a subfolder of C:\Windows\System32 then the security rating is 94% dangerous. File size is 76,288 bytes.

If file jucheck.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files". Known file sizes on Windows XP are 241,775 bytes (60% of all occurrence), 241,777 bytes, 241,772 bytes, 251,648 bytes, 237,679 bytes, 329,104 bytes, 272,024 bytes, 325,008 bytes. It is the actual file from Sun and is benign according to the internetz.

I have never, ever, once, ever seen an infection in that file. Of course, I've never seen a pink unicorn either but I won't be the person who tells you they don't exist.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  4. Sgt. Schultz

Sgt. Schultz Annoying Member

I've seen it ... the infection not the unicorn. Malewarebytes removed the file on the system I help clean.

5. HKUSP45Css

HKUSP45Css

Good to hear a confirmed case.

It's still worth pointing out that just the presence of the file\process isn't suspicious unless it is accompanied by other malware symptoms.

I trust your verification of the threat though.