Juan Williams: Trump's 'Majority' Is Fake

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by snerd, Sep 3, 2018.

1. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

President Trump likes to complain about “Fake News.”

So, here’s some very real news for him:

Republican control of Capitol Hill and the White House is based on a “fake majority.”

“A majority of the Senate now represents just 18 percent of the nation’s population,” David Wasserman, an editor for The Cook Political Report, wrote in a recent New York Times column.

He added that the crucial Senate seats this November would be “much whiter, more rural and pro-Trump than the nation as a whole. In effect, geography could again be Mr. Trump’s greatest protector: After all, the Senate — not the House — would have the final say on any impeachment proceedings,” Wasserman argued.

Think about this — America’s politics are being run by a cabal in the Senate that fails to represent 82 percent of the American people.

For starters, the 18 percent controlling the Senate have their own right-wing agenda beyond protecting an unpopular president.

They want a Supreme Court majority that reflects their views and not the views of the majority of the people.

To take control of the court they blocked President Obama — a Democrat twice elected with a majority of the popular vote as well as a majority of the electoral college — for close to a year from appointing a centrist judge to the high court.

Senate Republicans, including Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (Iowa), who will preside over this week’s hearings, refused to even give Obama’s nominee Merrick Garland a hearing, let alone an up or down vote.

And now having already replaced Garland and installed a solid conservative — Neil Gorsuch — the Senate Republicans, who represent fewer than 1-in-5 Americans, are about to force another conservative on the Supreme Court.

If they succeed in locking in another conservative, this time Judge Brett Kavanaugh, they will cement a conservative majority on the court for decades in an act that might be described as tyranny.

It is not just the Senate that is acting against the will of the majority.

Remember that both Gorsuch and Kavanaugh were nominated by a president who lost the popular vote by almost three million votes.

If Kavanaugh is confirmed, there is nothing stopping the 5-4 conservative majority on the Court from overturning Roe v. Wade and denying millions of American women the right to an abortion.

This despite the fact that only 29 percent of Americans want abortion to be illegal in all or most cases, according to a July Quinnipiac poll. The vast majority of Americans, 64 percent, want it legal in all or most cases.

Then there is the tyranny of Trump-led GOP efforts to cripple the Affordable Care Act (ACA).

With Sen. John McCain’s (R-Ariz.) death, there is nothing stopping the 18-percent-Senate-majority from passing their bill to repeal the Affordable Care Act and strip health care from millions of Americans — even though the latest Kaiser poll taken over the summer shows that 50 percent of Americans have a favorable opinion of the ACA compared to 41 percent who view it unfavorably.............................."

Even more here: http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/404720-juan-williams-trumps-majority-is-fake

DonGlock26 likes this.
  2. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

Dude calls appointing a judge to SCOTUS "tyranny". How can anyone take this man seriously?!?!

3. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

He takes his job as one of Fox’s token liberals way too seriously.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    LASTRESORT20, Glockworks and B C like this.
  4. Bus007

Bus007

TDS is strong with the Juan

5. redneck ron

redneck ron Displaced Hillbilly

Juan needs to get out into “fly over country” more often. He is out of touch with reality.

6. powernoodle

powernoodle

Silly leftists have to say this stuff in order to avoid reality. They just cannot accept that their old girl lost.

7. 686 AR15 G17Fan

686 AR15 G17Fan

Only 18% of Americans lean right ????

You can stop reading right there. Any time I read something that starts with such a glaringly false premise I ignore most everything after that.

8. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

Juan is a legend in his own mind....

9. Sechott

Sechott

Remember when the MSM was telling America, “There is no path to victory”?

10. DocCasualty

DocCasualty Wolverine

Fake majority? Last time I looked they were all duly elected under the COTUS. Haters gonna hate.

11. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

I'll never understand why Juan still supports the left after all he went through. Guess some folks just don't learn.
    We used to have this cat around our barn when I was younger. Nice cat, would purr and rub on you, but if you went to pet her she'd swipe at you. One day I was out working and I figured she'd known me long enough to not swipe. I was right. She bit me hard and drew blood. I didn't touch that cat ever again. Good barn cat though. Caught lots of mice and a couple snakes and she still rubbed on my leg if I was out doing chores.
    I guess some folks have to be bit a few times.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  12. Tickhill

Tickhill Eternity: Smoking or Non-Smoking

Poor Juan, it's not easy being Shep's only friend.

13. Ghost doctor

Ghost doctor N.R.A life member. G.O.A member

L.M.A.O.

14. NDcent

NDcent Socially Inept

I don't see a problem, it's only Juan Williams. :chatter:

15. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

I mute him whenever he interrupts my TV viewing, so I didn't make it very far through his essay.

16. Flags

Flags

Damned if I remember who said it but.....Elections have consequences and the democrats are welcome to come along for the ride but must sit in the back.

Biggsly, michael_b, Cubdriver and 6 others like this.
  17. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Fred Hansen likes this.
  18. kwo

kwo

His son is a not liberal.

Fred Hansen likes this.
  19. TeaDub

TeaDub

This is the one statement I agree with. Not for the reasons stated. I believe that at least 82 percent of the Senate say what needs to be said to get elected (in both parties) and vote as their globalist donors want. Freedom, limited government intrusion, fiscal responsibility, etc is forgotten by nearly all of them.

Juan Williams? Totally incompetent. There are a couple of liberal commentators on FOX that I disagree with 99% of the time, that still occasionally make a cogent statement. Juan ain't one of those. What a maroon.

Fred Hansen likes this.
  20. DonGlock26

DonGlock26