close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Jpoint or trijicon red dot

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by JohnTz, Feb 7, 2010.

1. JohnTz

JohnTz

It seems that they are the same sight. What are your thoughts on buying one or the other? The Jpoint is about 100 dollars cheaper on the web. Trijicon offers a lifetime warranty on them. Does the Trijicon offer any enhancements that the Jpoint does not? Anyone know who the real manufacturer is and where they are made? For you guys that have had either one have they been reliable for you? My plan is to put one on my new G34.

Thanks for your input.

2. blackbag

blackbag

The trijicon and the J-point are pretty much the same model. Trijicon is dropping the red dot and is beginning to sell their new model: the RMR in both a red dot format and a fiber optic/tritium model. The RMR is significantly more durable/able to take more abuse than the j-point. The downside is the RMR is more money about $525 to $600 depending on where you buy.

3. JohnTz

JohnTz

Thanks. I saw the RMR but I do not need anything like that. My G34 will be used for range time and GSSF. The RMR is overkill for that. It is really set up to attach to an acog for combat situations.

I like the Jpoint because it adds very little weight to the slide. I am trying to figure out if Trijicon did anything to their version to make it any better and if the extra cost of the Trijicon is worth it for the lifetime warranty.

4. blackbag

blackbag

It is my understanding that Jpoint licensed the design to trijicon, so there should be no difference other than the logo's and warrenty/support.

5. jjslice

jjslice

I just got my Trijicon RMR in today, was $361 shipped for the dual fiber optic/tritium model

6. JohnTz

JohnTz

Wow that's a great price...where did you get it from?

7. blackbag

blackbag

I got the electronic red dot RMR for 480.00 shipped. The tritium/fiber was even less.