Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Baby Face Off
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had to brag on her because she's worked super hard to shed her pregnancy weight. :) She lost 50 pounds in the last five months!

·
Baby Face Off
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Glockgirl26
That's great!:)
I think so, although it is interesting to watch other peoples reactions (especially women) Alot of women have been kind of *****y towards her. Saying stuff like "Well -I- don't have time to excercise, must be nice to have so much free time." Yeah like we've got alot of free time when I have three jobs, she has a full time job, and we've got a 5 month old. Another thing she's heard alot is people insisting that losing alot of weight rapidly isn't healthy.... which might be true if you're dropping hundreds of pounds quickly, but to me just sounds like a BS excuse not to lose weight.

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
That's awesome! Congrats to Joy!

Some women have a harder time losing weight, just like some men do. It's great that she was able to lose the weight so quickly after having the baby.

:supergrin:

·
Baby Face Off
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by FF Wife
That's awesome! Congrats to Joy!

Some women have a harder time losing weight, just like some men do. It's great that she was able to lose the weight so quickly after having the baby.

:supergrin:
I'm extra proud of her, because she's very endomorphic and puts on weight really easily. She lost the weight pretty much by sheer will power.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I don't think fifty pounds in five months is too much. I think it sounds just about right. Where does this "so much free time" they're talking about come from? I have a full time job, a part time job, and a household to run, though no kids. You have to want to make the time to exercise, and it's not always easy. When I work out, I get up at 0500 to do it.

Joy should be proud of herself, that's a great accomplishment.:)

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think that 50 lbs in 5 months of post-pregnancy weight is healthy. Most post-pregnancy weight in the 1st few months is hormone related. It's awesome that she even has the energy to get out an exercise! Way to go! Now she gets to go shopping!!!!

·
Baby Face Off
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by rnchick
I think that 50 lbs in 5 months of post-pregnancy weight is healthy. Most post-pregnancy weight in the 1st few months is hormone related. It's awesome that she even has the energy to get out an exercise! Way to go! Now she gets to go shopping!!!!
And shopping we will go... I told her when she reached a stable weight after excercising and she was happy... for every pound she lost I'd put $5 in a "new wardrobe" fund for her. So far she's up to $250.

Like I said before its really shown me how much will power she has. We are both so freaking tired all the time (no matter how many people told me how exhausted I'd be, I had no idea I'd be this damn tired all the time!) and she still gets up at 6am every morning to work out before she goes to work.

I think she's even hotter now... pregnancy has only amplified her whole big bust/big hips marilyn monroe body :) Woot!

·
Banned
23,910 Posts
Tell her I hate her. :freak:

I'm wearing a maternity top right now because it's comfy.

Grrrrr.

I'm one of those people that as soon as I find out I'm pregnant, *spop* into maternity clothes I go.

Just a big lazy fatass, I guess. :supergrin:

·
Baby Face Off
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Glock&KimberLady
Tell her I hate her. :freak:

I'm wearing a maternity top right now because it's comfy.

Grrrrr.

I'm one of those people that as soon as I find out I'm pregnant, *spop* into maternity clothes I go.

Just a big lazy fatass, I guess. :supergrin:
Well maternity clothes -are- comfortable. Womens clothes, for the most part, are ridiculously uncomfortable... even clothing for little girls. Its ironic that the only time you'll get comfy practical clothes is when pregnancy puts you in discomfort.

·
What's Up Dox?
6,801 Posts
Originally posted by Nephilim
Womens clothes, for the most part, are ridiculously uncomfortable... even clothing for little girls.
Truer words have never been written.

Stilettos are a great example. They look great on, but after about 8 hours in them, your feet hurt like hell. I'm sure there are plenty of doctors here at the hospital that are very pleased they came back into style.

·
What's Up Dox?
6,801 Posts
I think so, although it is interesting to watch other peoples reactions (especially women) Alot of women have been kind of *****y towards her. Saying stuff like "Well -I- don't have time to excercise, must be nice to have so much free time."
Jealousy...

·
Wild at heart
3,399 Posts
:woohoo: :woohoo: for Joy!!!! That is great!!!

Some women do get "catty" when they are jealous. Heck, I'm jealous too, but I'm also VERY happy for her. :supergrin: That is an amazing acomplishment. It isn't always that easy though, despite doing all the right things.

And Kat, I'm a quite sure you are NOT NOT NOT lazy or a fatass. :kiss:

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
And shopping we will go... I told her when she reached a stable weight after excercising and she was happy... for every pound she lost I'd put $5 in a "new wardrobe" fund for her. So far she's up to $250.

Me thinks you'd better up the ante a little. $250.00 will buy her two pairs of jeans and a T-Shirt.:upeyes:

·
Baby Face Off
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by Arizonny
Me thinks you'd better up the ante a little. $250.00 will buy her two pairs of jeans and a T-Shirt.:upeyes:
lol she know she'll get as much a she wants... it was more mental thing when she was discouraged... but I have to say I married a far too practical woman to get ony two pairs of jeans and a tshirt for a quarter of a grand.

We grew up in two totally different environments, especially when it comes to spending money. I've got to argue with her -why- she needs to spend more on clothes. Seriously.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
lol she know she'll get as much a she wants... it was more mental thing when she was discouraged... but I have to say I married a far too practical woman to get ony two pairs of jeans and a tshirt for a quarter of a grand.

We grew up in two totally different environments, especially when it comes to spending money. I've got to argue with her -why- she needs to spend more on clothes. Seriously.
Well good for her...When I was in 'transition' (I lost 42 pds.) I bought a lot of clothes at Goodwill. I am not too proud to wear used clothes. My daughter-in-law who is a banker and wears professional clothes at work buys a lot of her suits there.

But...I also like to buy nice clothes. And after loosing 42 pds I deserve it!! So does your wife. Tell her so.

·
Baby Face Off
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by Arizonny
Well good for her...When I was in 'transition' (I lost 42 pds.) I bought a lot of clothes at Goodwill. I am not too proud to wear used clothes. My daughter-in-law who is a banker and wears professional clothes at work buys a lot of her suits there.

But...I also like to buy nice clothes. And after loosing 42 pds I deserve it!! So does your wife. Tell her so.
I agree... she's just a very frugal woman. The best way I've found to get her to spend more on clothing is to explain to her the concept of owning a core of extremely nice clothes (like a chanel business suit) and accessorizing it.

She should really be on that show "Design on a Dime" though where they replicate $1500 outfits for $100. She'll see a picture in a magazine of some model whose outfit she likes and replicate it for $50... its amazing where she finds bargains.

·
Red White Blue
860 Posts
Another thing she's heard alot is people insisting that losing alot of weight rapidly isn't healthy.... which might be true if you're dropping hundreds of pounds quickly, but to me just sounds like a BS excuse not to lose weight.
10 pounds a month is NOT too quickly. A couple pounds a week is considered easy/normal and is perfect for long term weight loss. If she were losing 5 pounds a week for months on end, that would be in the range to start taxing her body too much.

·
USS Texas BB-35
4,583 Posts
:needspics:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts