Jon Stewart blasts Rand Pau’s 9/11 compensation fund vote delay-

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by NoJoy, Jul 17, 2019.

1. NoJoy

NoJoy

2. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

Defund Planned Parenthood and some others and fund the 9/11 hero's.

DonGlock26, robhic, slamdunc and 8 others like this.

3. evlbruce

evlbruce

Jon is a very wealthy man. The smug sanctimonious hypocrite can lead the way.

4. NoJoy

NoJoy

nevernuffglock likes this.
  5. nursetim

nursetim

Best idea EVER! Only we are no longer calling them “planned parenthood” from now on they’ll be known as, “EXECUTION CENTERS” from now on.

NoJoy and happyguy like this.
  6. mike from st pe

mike from st pe

This is like reparations for slavery. NO FUNDS FOR YOU!

Binge&Purge, evlbruce and P99er like this.
  7. P99er

P99er MGTOW??

I haven't followed this issue because everyone has their hand out wanting government money. It seems odd that people who were paid to do a job, did it, and now they want more money. Maybe their next contract can include a bonus if they ever have to actually leave the station. Or even better, they can get paid per event, and in the event of something big, they can renegotiate their salary before going to the scene.

Or, they could do like police, and just don't go in.

And what about me? I'm a victim of 9-11. I watched it on TV and have suffered from PTSD ever since. Shouldn't I get some free government money?

8. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

I have no opinion on the thread topic. I just love this picture.

[​IMG]

NoJoy likes this.
  9. P99er

P99er MGTOW??

I remember a scene from the show Rescue Me. Millers character was whining and *****ing that there hasn't been a memorial to the victims of 9-11 due to politicians. In truth, it was the families who kept filing lawsuits to stop any memorial they didn't approve of.

The people involved with 9-11 are apparently no different than the people coming across the border. They have their hands out and feel they are owed something just because.

The first responders of 9-11 were employed and paid by NYC to do that job. They did it. They agreed to do it, were paid for doing it, and I'm sure if they got injured on the job they were covered. Now they think they are entitled to billions of additional $$ they didn't negotiate to receive? Why, because 9-11 was such an emotional event?

When they took that job, agreed to the pay, and put on that badge, they agreed to the conditions, requirements, and salary.

They certainly aren't acting like "heros".

evlbruce likes this.
  10. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

You really don’t know the issue.

Money isn’t for the guys who died during the collapse.

It’s for the toxic exposure after being on “the pile “ or the landfill for weeks. Often without the PPE required. Remember that they also gave false info about the air quality. Many had to surrender the right to sue after they signed up for the program.

The program is cover cancer costs as result . Cancers that are supposed to be rare, aren’t.

And it isn’t just cops or firefighters . Construction workers came forward to answer the call. They don’t have the same disability. They didn’t have to come but they did.

They didn’t know the cancer risk. It’s not the same as the risk they perceived. A building collapse, the fire, maybe.But the cancer risk.? Most didn’t perceive that risk. And those who did came anyway. Why? Because their nation needed them.

As far as the memorial issue. Do you know much about it? Firefighters, police and EMS who died originally had their titles in front of their name, then some family members complained because it honored them as heroes and not their loved ones. They were going to insult the firefighters and cops by removing their titles. A title earned and cost them their lives. Some were just victims and a some were heroes. Some wanted that taken away from them. That was what the main lawsuit was about.

Remember it was over 2000 separate families involved. Not everything was going to seen the same way.

And no, not all the drugs and cancer treatments were covered. Until the 9/11 bill, the second the cop or firefighter was retired( medically or by service time), the medical cost was only covered by the regular health insurance coverage retirees get. Thousands of dollars on out of pocket costs.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    DonGlock26 and NoJoy like this.
  11. rolltide_pisco

rolltide_pisco Roll Tide!

I've heard some first responders say on tv and radio they're tired of celebrities using them for their gain. While Jon's cause is worth fighting for, Rand Paul actually did the right thing.

After hearing him give his side of the story, he's right that we shouldn't be borrowing money when we could cut it from other things to fund the victims. Why borrow when you can take money elsewhere and pay the thing off. We tend to forget that there actually are politicians who do what the say and stand on their principles. He even mentioned his amendment will fail, but at least it's on the record. He did nothing wrong.

I don't hate Jon Stewart. He's not a raving lunatic but I find something interesting. You always hear about celebrities who support gun control but you never hear from them until there's a shooting. Why did he wait almost til the expiration date of the funding to say something? Why did he not talk to fellow New Yorker Trump about this two years ago? And why does the first responders need Jon Stewart to speak for them at a committee hearing?

The facts are the first responders are going to get the money and they do deserve it. I do question how much and how long is it gonna be cause none of us are gonna live til 2092.

jr24 likes this.
  12. fgutie35

fgutie35

The smug sanctimonious hypocrite you refer to, DOES lead the way along with other wealthy celebrities like O'Reilly and the like. I ideologically despise the guy, but you have to give credit where credit is due.

Joshhtn and NoJoy like this.
  13. evlbruce

evlbruce

Jon wants to take money from those who have less than him so that he can feel good about himself. He's not a philanthropist; he's a lobbyist.

If he really want to do go in this world he could pass around the hat to his tight-fisted millionaire buddies for a private fund but he knows that just like him they ain't giving nothing willingly.

JFrame likes this.
  14. Binge&Purge

Binge&Purge Making B&P Great Again

They could call a press conference, get wall to wall media coverage, have a celebrity holding one of those big checks, and get a lot of attention and good media. Then start a gofundme and challenge others to give. Then the next week, do it again with another celebrity. I'm sure Oprah would kick in a few million.

evlbruce likes this.
  15. Dave514

Dave514

All Paul asked for was a delay until they showed how it was going to be paid for.

THAT is what I want all politicians to do.

alwaysshootin and IvanVic like this.
  16. IvanVic

IvanVic

Lee and Rand are two of the most principled people in Congress.

17. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

You love the anti-Trumpers.

DonGlock26 and ThunderTrumped like this.
  18. ThunderTrumped

ThunderTrumped

ben shapiro fans are not well liked.
    they also have a subscription to the blaze.
    it's a good thing when they move out of the state of Florida.

19. jr24

jr24

Look at what JJ Watt accomplished with Harvey. Find the right celebrity and they'd fund it forever.

But, that would spark Patiotism, and we can't have that.