close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Joining the Glock ranks...is this a good price?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TatonkaJack, Jan 22, 2006.

1. TatonkaJack

TatonkaJack

I will soon be buying my first Glock. Of course a 19. And there is something about OD Green that appeals to me. I'm very interested in getting into GSSF and IDPA competition shooting as well as carrying concealed. After calling several gun stores, the lowest price I was quoted is $ 485. That is on average $ 100 less than other dealers, so to me that sounds like a helluva deal. I doubt I can find a dealer who will go lower (maybe at a gun show?) Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts.

2. vafish

vafish

When I was looking for another Glock this summer my small time FFL friend called around to several distributors looking for one.

IIRC His price on a small frame Glock like a G19 was $440, add in $20 for shipping and you are up to about $460. That would mean your dealer is making about $25 for stocking the G19 That's about 6% margin on a retail sale. Most retailers like to make about 30% gross on a sale to cover all their overhead. Walmart runs about a 20% margin and Costco runs about an 11% margin.

Now of course if he's buying in larger volume he'll save on shipping and his cost may drop a bit, but still they guy isn't ripping you off.

You might be able to save a couple bucks at a gun show, but $485 for a new G19 isn't a bad price.

3. drew357

drew357

Thats a really good price. My stocking Glock dealer locally sells for $529.99

4. Kartar

Kartar

Here in the Puget Sound of Washington that is as good a price as you will find.

5. SirDaniel

SirDaniel

I work part time in a retail gun store to have something interesting to do.

Vafish's post above is right on. His numbers are very close to ours at the store.

$485.00 is a very good price at retail.

BTW, great choice on your first GLOCK.

dan

6. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

Is that for a pistol set or just for the pistol?