close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Joining GSSF

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Jayy215, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Jayy215

Jayy215

i would like to know how to join GSSF, and what is expected within the competitions. I've decided to start shooting some competitions so any help,advice,tips, would be greatly appreciated.

2. Glockman67

Glockman67 #29 Supporter

Go to www.gssfonline.com and read the Glock Report. Volume 1 is this year's Reference Edition and can be found under the Glock Report Archives.

Also www.glockfaq.com has links and a subsection devoted to GSSF.

gman67

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Jay,

YOu can expect to see about 300 shooters at a GSSF match: 50 Masters, 25 advanced amateurs, and 225 people out to shoot for the fun of it. All have a good time. There are prizes available at all shooting levels.

4. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

There are some great tips 'stickied' at the top of this forum that can apply regardless of your skill level. You can expect to have alot of fun as well as improve your shooting skills. Those who shoot competitively, even a little, tend to practice more and just get better.

At a GSSF match your opponent is really yourself. You will find lots of people wishing for you to do your best & you'll meet & make some really solid folks as friends. You will likely not find it as 'pressure-cooker' as some other forms of competition (which is what I find attractive about it).

Read the rules & tips thoroughly, hang out here, ask questions, and join (you can join right at a match if you like). Have your gun gone thru by a certified Armorer present at every match. Oh... no extra charge for the fun! ^c

5. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

6. cmzneb

cmzneb

Join!

But caution............ You are likely to become addicted. I joined this year with the intention of shooting one match, and ended up going to three. Planning on four or five next year!