Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a JohnnyGlocks Combat trigger with Striker upgrade in my G48....went to the range this morning and I gotta say I like it......A LOT.....It has a 1/8" take up before the wall(measured at the tip of the trigger) compared to the stock 1/4", during the take up, you don't feel the striker safety dis-engage as you do with stock, a solid wall, and a very smooth (no gritty feeling whatsoever) pull to a crisp break. It breaks at about 3.5 lbs(per my Lyman digital guage, measured about 1/4 inch from the tip of the trigger)with the 4.5 lb trigger spring, I will likely put the 5 pound back in to stiffen it up a bit.

The safety shoe is also reshaped so that when the trigger is compressed, it sits flush with the trigger shoes instead of sticking out, which appears to be where the trigger discomfort for some folks comes from in the slimline pistols. I could feel the difference....

There are a couple of downsides:

1) It's a little bit pricey, but it does the job, so I'm gonna say worth the extra.....

2) I now have a couple of other Glocks that will require upgrading......:dancingbanana:

YMMV

Lon

·
Controller
2,620 Posts
I like that dude....I would definitely buy with confidence

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
I bought one from another company recently. I really did like it at first. It took my trigger pull down from about 6 lbs to almost 5 lbs. But after dry firing it for a couple of hours while I watched TV I noticed that it felt stiff. So I tested it again with the same Lyman Digital Trigger Gauge, and it was now pulling at almost 8 lbs. I can't figure it out except to say that I removed it and reinstalled the factory OEM trigger. I think I may do a 25 cent trigger polish job on it and just leave it factory.

·
Controller
2,620 Posts
I bought one from another company recently. I really did like it at first. It took my trigger pull down from about 6 lbs to almost 5 lbs. But after dry firing it for a couple of hours while I watched TV I noticed that it felt stiff. So I tested it again with the same Lyman Digital Trigger Gauge, and it was now pulling at almost 8 lbs. I can't figure it out except to say that I removed it and reinstalled the factory OEM trigger. I think I may do a 25 cent trigger polish job on it and just leave it factory.
One of the best things about Johnny Glocks triggers is he uses oem components...so it’s a stock trigger

·
NRA Member
1,537 Posts
Most likely you have galling between the connector and the trigger bar contact area..polish those two areas gently and then put grease between the connector and the trigger bar contact area...let me know how that goes

Reactions: Seaweed02

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
One of the best things about Johnny Glocks triggers is he uses oem components...so it’s a stock trigger
I actually went to his website today to look at his triggers. The one I clicked on from the google search I did, was the Evolution X Drop-In Combat Trigger System. Now the description of the item says it will reduce the trigger pull down to between 3.5 and 4.5 lbs, and that it is designed for self defense and combat use.

But what I want to know is if you used a weapon with this trigger system in it, could you get yourself in trouble? Can anyone shed some light on this?

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Most likely you have galling between the connector and the trigger bar contact area..polish those two areas gently and then put grease between the connector and the trigger bar contact area...let me know how that goes
The company I bought the trigger kit from is OverWatch Precision and they coat the surfaces with NP3. It shouldn't need polishing because the NP3 is supposed to be smooth and have a certain lubricity to it. However I have been thinking about trying that out just to see what will happen because after all, I spent a pretty penny on this item. I wish I had went with a kit from Johnny Glocks instead.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
If I carry another Glock besides my G19, it'll have a JG Combat trigger installed as well. Love it to death.
It's not exactly the same as my 3.5# Rapide trigger but I believe he's right (after having a few different trigger sets in Glocks myself); His is the closest you'll get to a 1911 trigger in a Glock. With Factory parts to boot, so I didn't loose any of the factory safety.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I actually went to his website today to look at his triggers. The one I clicked on from the google search I did, was the Evolution X Drop-In Combat Trigger System. Now the description of the item says it will reduce the trigger pull down to between 3.5 and 4.5 lbs, and that it is designed for self defense and combat use.

But what I want to know is if you used a weapon with this trigger system in it, could you get yourself in trouble? Can anyone shed some light on this?
I'm not LEO or a Lawyer. Having said that, if you don't live in a state where they have/require "state name" triggers (like NY Trigger pack, etc), I don't -think- you have an issue outside of the rabbit hole of the hypotheticals.

·
NRA Member
1,537 Posts
The company I bought the trigger kit from is OverWatch Precision and they coat the surfaces with NP3. It shouldn't need polishing because the NP3 is supposed to be smooth and have a certain lubricity to it. However I have been thinking about trying that out just to see what will happen because after all, I spent a pretty penny on this item. I wish I had went with a kit from Johnny Glocks instead.
I know...I have their trigger systems as well...I have always used TW25B grease between those contact points and I have never had galling issues. What you are describing is galling

·
Registered
1,000 Posts

This is a question that seems to pop up regularly. As a cop, we weren't allowed to modify our department issued firearms, for obvious reasons. As a civilian the same reasons don't apply and most legitimate experts in the field say that if you do something to benefit your shooting, your personal safety and therefore the safety of others, there should be no problems. The old answer that a lawyer would tell the jury that you modified your gun to "get ready to kill someone" is BS. Like you're just itching for a fight. You're carrying a gun for personal defense to do what? Scare someone, wound them but trying to avoid serious body harm? It's no secret why we carry a personal sidearm.

·
NRA Member
1,537 Posts
This is a question that seems to pop up regularly. As a cop, we weren't allowed to modify our department issued firearms, for obvious reasons. As a civilian the same reasons don't apply and most legitimate experts in the field say that if you do something to benefit your shooting, your personal safety and therefore the safety of others, there should be no problems. The old answer that a lawyer would tell the jury that you modified your gun to "get ready to kill someone" is BS. Like you're just itching for a fight. You're carrying a gun for personal defense to do what? Scare someone, wound them but trying to avoid serious body harm? It's no secret why we carry a personal sidearm.
Well said and thank you

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
It's curious and disappointing that aftermarket clowns and hucksters can stick the word COMBAT on stuff that absolutely NO police nor military organization in the world uses, has ever used, or would ever permit to be used for the weapons of their serious real-world combat professionals.

Many amateurs seem to like the drama-queen hype of words like COMBAT and TACTICAL for their "I wannabe" toys. To me, it'a a sign that warns "Caveat emptor!"

Reactions: Nick B

·
Registered
322 Posts
He's seems like a really cool guy but i actually wound up taking his connector out of my Glock 43. I actually found that it made my G43 trigger heavier. at least the wall was. What surprised me too was that the connector was actually a Lone Wolf connector. I actually wrote him about it thinking i some how received the wrong connector, he told me that it was in fact a Lone Wolf connector that he then tuned to his specifications. I dont know. I'm not running OEM connectors and both my glocks.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
It's curious and disappointing that aftermarket clowns and hucksters can stick the word COMBAT on stuff that absolutely NO police nor military organization in the world uses, has ever used, or would ever permit to be used for the weapons of their serious real-world combat professionals.

Many amateurs seem to like the drama-queen hype of words like COMBAT and TACTICAL for their "I wannabe" toys. To me, it'a a sign that warns "Caveat emptor!"
I spent 24 years of active duty military service.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
He's seems like a really cool guy but i actually wound up taking his connector out of my Glock 43. I actually found that it made my G43 trigger heavier. at least the wall was. What surprised me too was that the connector was actually a Lone Wolf connector. I actually wrote him about it thinking i some how received the wrong connector, he told me that it was in fact a Lone Wolf connector that he then tuned to his specifications. I dont know. I'm not running OEM connectors and both my glocks.
You know, I spent the afternoon working on both of my new Glocks. The G45 and the G19X. A few days ago I ordered some Glock OEM 3.5 minus connectors. Two of them. Today I received them and went to work. I watched a few YouTube videos about the 25 cent trigger polishing job, and it was really easy to do after watching the videos. I actually like the way my triggers feel as far as the smoothness goes, even though stock they weren't bad at all. But they are smoother now at least in my mind. I measured the trigger pull and had the following averages after five pulls each pistol.
G45: I had an average out of five pulls of 4.3 lbs. (average of 4.8 before)
G19X: I had an average out of five pulls of 4.8 lbs. (average of 5.1 before)

I am very happy with the results of both trigger jobs.

·
NRA Member
1,537 Posts
You know, I spent the afternoon working on both of my new Glocks. The G45 and the G19X. A few days ago I ordered some Glock OEM 3.5 minus connectors. Two of them. Today I received them and went to work. I watched a few YouTube videos about the 25 cent trigger polishing job, and it was really easy to do after watching the videos. I actually like the way my triggers feel as far as the smoothness goes, even though stock they weren't bad at all. But they are smoother now at least in my mind. I measured the trigger pull and had the following averages after five pulls each pistol.
G45: I had an average out of five pulls of 4.3 lbs. (average of 4.8 before)
G19X: I had an average out of five pulls of 4.8 lbs. (average of 5.1 before)

I am very happy with the results of both trigger jobs.
It’s a good idea to put grease between the connector and the trigger bar where they contact

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I have never bought one of his triggers, but I followed his videos and polished my Glocks carefully and am very happy with the results. The little overtravel I have doesn't bother me on the draw, and the reset is amazing.

Used a diamond paste he recommended in one of his videos for a deeper polishing, and am very happy I did. Spent maybe $12 for two gen5 guns.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
I have never bought one of his triggers, but I followed his videos and polished my Glocks carefully and am very happy with the results. The little overtravel I have doesn't bother me on the draw, and the reset is amazing.

Used a diamond paste he recommended in one of his videos for a deeper polishing, and am very happy I did. Spent maybe $12 for two gen5 guns.

I didn't see that video where he recommends a diamond paste, but I had some Flitz in my garage and just used that along with a Dremel with a polishing pad and the Dremel set at 10. Low setting.

I haven't bought one of his triggers either, but if I get a second Glock 19X, or Glock 45, or if I buy my first Glock 17, I think that I will buy one of Johnny Glocks trigger kits to put inside it. Just to see how it feels.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts