Johnny Glocks Trigger Disappointment.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Seaweed02, May 11, 2020.

1. domin8ss

domin8ss

No. The striker wouldn't release from the trigger bar with trigger squeezed all the way back. The big issue with Johnny Glocks had been lack of communication. He told me he had a 3 week backlog when I sent him the gun in April, but sat on it for almost 2 months before doing anything and wouldn't respond to attempted communications until I threatened to pursue legal action.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mr Meeseeks likes this.
  2. domin8ss

domin8ss

Update (hopefully it's the final one):

June 26
    I received a text message from Johnny Glocks informing me he was done with the gun, and will be shipping it out to me

June 29
    I received an email from Johnny Glocks with a USPS tracking number for a package headed my way. Package is scheduled to arrive July 2.

glide likes this.

3. OdinIII

OdinIII

Thanks for the updates.

4. domin8ss

domin8ss

You're welcome. Just wanted to be viewed as fair and credible

5. Timothy Courtney

Timothy Courtney

please post a review after you receive your pistol.

6. W@rbirds

[email protected]

At least you made time to bad mouth a small business online.

7. Packing19

Packing19

Unfortunately I have had similar experiences with JG. I had a customer who bought a full trigger kit from him for around $300 for his G23. He installed the kit correctly and took it to the range. Pull the trigger BANG release the trigger BANG, so he tried contacting JG via email and JG said here is my number text me, so he did. Long story short it took several weeks to get a response. (I think in the end he did get a new kit)

Had a customer buy one of his connectors, he installed it and the G17 Gen 5 would not fire. He reached out to JG and JG said it must be a problem with the striker/sear engagement, however it wasn't, engagement was within Glock's specs. JG insisted it was sear engagement and stopped answering his text.

I had another customer who bought one of his new trigger shoes, the trigger safety tab was touching the back of the frame which made it hard to pull the trigger. Customer contacted JG via his website, again JG said here is my number text me, so he did. JG asked for the order number which he couldn't find. Now he won't help him because he doesn't have the order number. Why not? Where else would he have bought it from??? His vids are great but it seems like he is a very different person off camera. I'm not slinging mud, I wish anyone with a small business success. These are just some examples of experiences I have had with him.

8. tango44

tango44

Not worth it at all...

alnicoG22 likes this.
  9. W@rbirds

[email protected]

My JG trigger is taking me to USPSA nationals in a few weeks.

Dude is solid and so is the product.

tacticalgecko likes this.
  10. domin8ss

domin8ss

Follow up on my situation. I did receive my gun, but wasn't able to shoot it before moving to California. Before putting my guns into storage I was able to go shooting near my brother's house in Nevada. First round with the gun resulted in a light strike. The prime didn't ignite. I do not know if the issue was the new in box ammo my brother purchased, or the firearm. Further investigation is needed. I did place that cartridge back into my firearm and attempt to fire it again. It did function as it was suppose to, however this wasn't the only light strike on the primer, and I also experienced a stove pipe. I do suspect the ammo is the culprit because I had similar results with other firearms using the same ammo. I'll have to ask for the specifics of the ammo my brother brought. He said it worked in his Springfield and he's never had any issues before.

11. Duck of Death

Duck of Death

Glad I do my own trigger job--no take up--trigger breaks @ 3.1 pounds--100% reliable--cost $20.

12. Timothy Courtney

Timothy Courtney

Boy, you are sure having problems. Maybe you could find a Glock Smith and have him go through it.

13. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Are you carrying a Glock with a 3.6 pound trigger? :scared:

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

14. josey

josey

Usually there are consequences to a new upgrades from a "guru smith" that will install parts that are modified heavily on a firearm .
    Pistols and rifles now a days are very advanced pieces of engineering and you can polish the mechanism parts to a certain degree, but that is all you can do . If you go over that rule , you would experience malfunctions of all kinds .
    I polished my G-30SF trigger bar and a few other parts , etc , also replaced the trigger spring with a NY1 spring and my gun works beautifully . I would not go pass that .

15. JBP55

JBP55

Unless you know what you are doing.

[email protected] and OdinIII like this.
  16. W@rbirds

[email protected]

Frankly - I am really surprised at how many people don’t use candles to light their homes.

A candle never shocked anyone, yet here are all these people trying to “improve” it with electricity.

17. josey

josey

Absolutely

[email protected] likes this.
  18. JOHNNY GLOCKS

JOHNNY GLOCKS

Ok guys first I have always gotten back to customers always. There's a lot of hear say going on in this thread. First domin8ss you completely set up a straw man. That will be yours to sleep with. Second any "actual" customer that has expressed dissatisfaction with my products I'm inviting you to reach out to get it COMPLETELY resolved even if it be a complete refund. 941-376-4383 It is my full responsibility to take care of any and all issues. I trouble shoot and send videos to anyone that has issues with my products. I challenge anyone that gets my products to go over the workmanship with detail. Everything that leaves here is by my hands, bench and live tested so I know without a doubt that it is mechanically flawless, safe and reliable. Tolerances on Glocks are all over the place especially the Gen 5's This is why I have made so many videos to troubleshoot issues that someone might have when dropping in a highly refined part into a combat weapon. I am exactly the same in person as I am in the videos. The same videos that I give unbelievable amounts of information away freely. Maybe the droves of people that call me that don't even have my products asking for help could chime in as there are plenty of you out there. I believe in 100% accountability and that I am ethically and morally obligated to help rectify any issues with my products. Some people call me and I give them plenty of options and suggestions to remedy things and if I never hear from them again I assume that's because things work out. I realize sometimes they don't work out and I don't get called back. so once again if that is the case with you please call and we will get it rectified. I wish everyone safety and health
    Johnny
    941-376-4386
    [email protected]

Strizzi, Blades, FireMedic-50 and 2 others like this.
  19. Timothy Courtney

Timothy Courtney

20. Framerpro1

Framerpro1

My name is Bob O'Keefe and I would like to share my experience with Johnny Glocks. First and formost he was great at getting back to me and answering all my questions. He was a pleasure to talk to on the phone and is a wealth of information. After talking to him I ordered his trigger and had a local gunsmith install it when I got it back I went to the range and was a bit concerned about the performance the trigger felt a bit gritty. So I called Johnny and he spent a lot of time talking me thru some possible soultions and sent me some videos as well. I decided to send my Glock 19 Gen 3 to him so he could take a look for himself. Well guess what there was a issue with something the gunsmith did. Johnny fixed the problem and sent it back. My trigger system is great. So great that I have told several friends about him. I have had nothing but a positive experience with Johnny Glocks and his products.

[email protected] likes this.