Johnny Glocks Trigger Disappointment.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Seaweed02, May 11, 2020.

1. Bradd D

Bradd D

Some of you must have some sensitive fingers if you can feel the difference between a serrated trigger and a smooth trigger.

OdinIII likes this.
  2. walke121

walke121

Go to the range and fire 200-250 rounds with a serrated trigger that the safety doesn’t even fully recess into the shoe and one with a smooth shoe after and a professional rock climber can tell the difference. If it doesn’t bother you good you can save money. I guess after shooting my Nighthawk, Sigs, Berettas it just becomes very apparent that I prefer something better than that trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXPops and Seaweed02 like this.

3. Bradd D

Bradd D

I shoot that much every session and some weeks I'll do 3 or 4 sessions. I put 3000 rounds through my 43X across 15 sessions when I first got it. I also dry fire hundreds of reps a week.

Maybe I have a callous after shooting Glocks for 30 years. My other guns are 1911's.

I have experienced annoying trigger safeties before, but that's not what we're talking about.

4. walke121

walke121

I’m really just wondering but do you shoot other guns or mostly Glocks? Maybe that’s what’s makes the trigger feel unpleasant to me as I only have the one Glock, a 43x, but mostly my other guns I shoot on a regular basis have tuned triggers or custom.

5. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

I don't feel the serrations, either. Matter of fact, I don't know how much I've shot my Glocks, overall, and have never even given it a second thought. I just don't feel them.

OdinIII likes this.
  6. Bradd D

Bradd D

I only own Glocks and 1911's and I shoot them about equally. Most of my 1911's have Harrison triggers in them which are smooth, but that wasn't a factor in the buying decision other than it gives them a clean look. Just like with my Glocks, I can't tell whether I'm shooting a serrated trigger or a smooth trigger with my 1911's.

Again, I have experienced painful trigger safeties, though, but that's an easy fix.

7. walke121

walke121

I think the majority of my issue is the safety doesn’t fully go into the shoe fully and I’m not saying it hurts. I just don’t find it comfortable after extended time at the range so I got rid of it.

8. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

I honed mine 'till they were barely sticking out when pressed. I want good engagement but not with any excess. Takes 5 minutes. I wouldn't hone it, flush, 'cause you may not get a trigger pull if you use the crease in your finger.

walke121 likes this.
  9. domin8ss

domin8ss

Please tell me more...

Seriously though, I'm not compensating for anything. This was done simply because I wanted to see what it was like. I have many other Glocks that I shoot just fine. I have an unmodified 41 that I use for IDPA. Did I spend a stupid amount of money? Absolutely. And, I did it because I wanted to. It was all planned.

For your viewing pleasure, here's a few pics of my 34.4 before sending it to Johnny Glocks. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

glide likes this.
  10. Timothy Courtney

Timothy Courtney

nice pics, thanks for posting.

11. 9x45

9x45 Millennium Member

The average shooter won't benefit from a custom competition trigger anyway because they don't have the fundamentals down: stance, grip, sight picture and trigger control, let alone transitions and movement.

12. domin8ss

domin8ss

Update

Phone call scheduled for June 14 didn't occur. That's my fault. Shtf on my end a few minutes before I was suppose to call Johnny Glocks. When things were resolved several hours later I attempted to contact Johnny Glocks via phone and text. To date, there's been no response from him.

glide likes this.
  13. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 JABRONI AUTIST

I would feel bad too if I paid that much for a trigger job, call me old fashioned but I polish the stock internals and that's about perfect, and it's free.

14. jhc37013

jhc37013

I don't agree I've seen a lot of people struggle with the Glock until they up lighten the trigger, sure many thousands of practice rounds can get much better and that's the route I went down however most people can't or won't spend the money one needs for ammo to really get very good with a Glock. Spend $200 or less on a trigger can improve ones aim, especially a Glock and the low and left syndrome that comes with recoil anticipation but a lighter trigger and the anticipation is mittegated a little.

I know this because for 20+ years I been shooting Glocks and it took a long time to really shoot them well, I went through many stages and aftermarket parts so I know a lighter trigger pull can hide improper technique up to a certain point at least.

Seaweed02 likes this.
  15. Timothy Courtney

Timothy Courtney

I've done several mods to my 21, but have found the best mod has been slight changes to my grip and trigger finger placement.

buster55 likes this.
  16. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

Buying a Vanek trigger would have prevented this. He doesn’t do any sham-wow social media pitches, but folks have been using his triggers for years with great success. Mine have been fantastic; simply a level not achievable with flitz and elbow grease.

I have enjoyed watching JG YouTube videos and have spoken with him on the phone. While I do think he’s probably figured out some neat ’smithing tricks, it’s impossible to listen to JG without my inner Bull **** alarm being triggered.

I hope the two disgruntled customers in this thread don’t get shafted.

17. Nick B

Nick B

Sham Wow LOL !!! I had forgotten about those commercials.

Mr Meeseeks likes this.
  18. domin8ss

domin8ss

Update

Johnny Glocks never responded last week after I sent my text mentioned above. I attempted a call today at 2:30pm eastern, and ended up leaving a voice message. He responded almost an hour later with the following:

"This gun is a nightmare. It's been over sprayed with cerakote causing multiple drag areas in the system, the barrel fit is off causing lock up issues the milling has issues so cycling is not consistent. That's the update I can give you right now. I'm going to pick your barrel up tomorrow and hopefully my machinist was able to remedy that problem."

I promptly replied:

"Wow! I'm surprised to hear all that. Thank you for updating me. I promise to not attempt anymore Glock builds after this apparent epic failure."

For clarity, the following companies services or products are what he's referring to.

Slide milling:
    https://swprecisionarms.com

Cerakote:
    https://www.yorktactical.net

Barrel:
    https://kkmprecision.com

This looks like it's going to get interesting. At this point, I just want my gun back, and in working condition.

19. Timothy Courtney

Timothy Courtney

That helps clarify things, thanks.

20. Spartan24

Spartan24

You’ve got refresh my memory. You sent him a functioning complete OEM Glock 34 Gen4, right?