GlockTalk Forum banner

101 - 120 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I had a tiny tiny inkling to try one of those JG triggers one day, and I see it fading liking morning mist.... Oh yes it’s gone. I will keep my self polished triggers and my money after all.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I had a tiny tiny inkling to try one of those JG triggers one day, and I see it fading liking morning mist.... Oh yes it’s gone. I will keep my self polished triggers and my money after all.
I’ve seen a few on eBay for $150ish and I was tempted but never the model I needed.

If you want a better shoe I love Apex as the bar is the same as OEM and it’s more comfortable for long range sessions and it seems to have a very noticeable wall that has a crispier break than stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Boatswain's Mate
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #103 (Edited)
For those who remember I had a similar problem. I ordered the $360 complete trigger assembly with a couple of options, including the complete striker assembly. The striker assembly was not in stock so I had to wait for it. The rest of the trigger assembly arrived and was heavier than the .25 cent trigger job I had already done. I contacted JG and he said that the striker assembly was 50% of the trigger job. So I waited. Well I just got it in a couple of days ago. I installed it and it did help a little. My average out of 5 pulls is now down to 3.15 which is almost a pound lower than without the striker assembly.

Like Rick James45 said, it does feel like there is a very hard wall that feels heavier than it actually measures on the pull gauge. I don't know why. I'm going to install a 4lbs striker spring and see if I like that any better. And I am hoping that it will improve a little bit with use as well.

But I agree with domin8ss though. I don't think JG triggers are worth it.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I'll skip most of this thread. A very good friend of mine just installed a JG in his Gen 5 17. Oh my. WTH. You need a pair of vice grips to pull the trigger. No joke. If you pull up on the slide it does get a little better. Clearly there is an issue with the relationship between the crucifix and striker. The good news is he did contact JG asap and JG is rectifying. He went straight to the vendor and said vendor is rectifying. As it should be.

What puzzles me, my buddy does a damn good .25 job himself and his triggers feel great. Most are around 4-4.5 (measure for real) and very smooth. I guess he wanted an edge of some kind. He has also done the DK trigger adventure too which in the long run was also problematic. DK did rectify also.

The above is in all game guns.

I like polished, used OEM parts and call it a day.
Cruciform. :D :cheers:

That is kinda funny! There is probably a joke about a priest somewhere in there.

·
Registered
494 Posts
For those who remember I had a similar problem. I ordered the $360 complete trigger assembly with a couple of options, including the complete striker assembly. The striker assembly was not in stock so I had to wait for it. The rest of the trigger assembly arrived and was heavier than the .25 cent trigger job I had already done. I contacted JG and he said that the striker assembly was 50% of the trigger job. So I waited. Well I just got it in a couple of days ago. I installed it and it did help a little. My average out of 5 pulls is now down to 3.15 which is almost a pound lower than without the striker assembly.

Like Rick James45 said, it does feel like there is a very hard wall that feels heavier than it actually measures on the pull gauge. I don't know why. I'm going to install a 4lbs striker spring and see if I like that any better. And I am hoping that it will improve a little bit with use as well.

But I agree with domin8ss though. I don't think JG triggers are worth it.
How is the “wall?” Is it a very crisp break? No matter what you spend I know I shouldn’t compare any striker pistol trigger to that of my Sig’s or Beretta 92 and forget about how they are compared to custom 1911s.

·
Boatswain's Mate
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
How is the “wall?” Is it a very crisp break? No matter what you spend I know I shouldn’t compare any striker pistol trigger to that of my Sig’s or Beretta 92 and forget about how they are compared to custom 1911s.

As disappointed as I am in the money I spent and the results I was expecting, I can't lie. The wall is excellent. Barely any take up on the trigger, and then it seems fairly heavy even though the pull gauge says it's not, and then the trigger breaks crisp. Very crisp.

·
Registered
494 Posts
As disappointed as I am in the money I spent and the results I was expecting, I can't lie. The wall is excellent. Barely any take up on the trigger, and then it seems fairly heavy even though the pull gauge says it's not, and then the trigger breaks crisp. Very crisp.
I might try to find a second hand one and try sometime. I care more about feel than weight and 3.5 pounds is good for me as an edc. I have never measured my custom Jarrett Rifle but I think it’s about 3-3.5 pounds and it’s light.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got the Overwatch TAC trigger because I prefer a flat faced trigger to the Glock trigger that comes with the G48. That's it! For me, the Overwatch TAC trigger has nothing to do with pursuing a super-duper gee-whiz lite trigger pull. :cheers:
View attachment 762462
I agree and I am a fan of flat faced triggers. I also went with the Overwatch TAC trigger for my G45 after watching several reviews on triggers because of the following reasons:

1. I liked the trigger face geometry.
  2. I wanted a trigger safety that would depress flush with the trigger face.
  3. I wanted a trigger kit that resulted in a relatively smooth pull as is.
  4. I wanted a trigger kit that had a nice wall.
  5. I wanted factory OEM parts.
  6. I wanted a factory kit that was reasonably priced. My total investment with shipping was $174.19 which included the firing pin safety.

I have a number of other guns, so I am not a Glock only fan or expert. However, I am pleased with what I received and it met my requirement. The kit also dropped my trigger pull from about 5.0 pounds to 4.4 pounds which may improve over time. Does it come anywhere near the triggers on my 1911’s, no but that was not my expectation.

·
Registered
706 Posts
June 8:
Johnny Glock never returned my call as he had represented

June 9:
I attempted to call him at 11am. Call went to voicemail. I requested he call me. I then sent an email and text with the same message indicating that if he didn't contact me to answer the simple question of a status update that I'd be placed in a position to contacting law enforcement and a lawyer. This resulted in an immediate call from him. When I saw the number on my screen I prepared myself for a nasty response on the other end, and answered the phone. He was, both fortunately and surprisingly, apologetic and sympathetic. He admitted his failures, and he did give me an update. He hasn't worked my gun yet, and there's 2 in front of it. He anticipates beginning work on it on Monday and having it shipped to me soon after. He pointed out getting inventory has been difficult due to COVID-19, and now anticipates issues caused by the protests/riots. Nonetheless, he said he now has the parts needed to to work on my gun (and the 2 in front of it). He requested I call him again on Monday as a reminder, and to see where things stand.

Point is: It took a week and a half of emails, text messages, and phone calls just to get a status update on something that was represented to take only 3 weeks back in April. It wasn't until I threatened legal action that I got a response. I hate having to go that far, and it shouldn't be needed when all you request is a status update. Imo, this isn't how a business should be operated in regards to customer service. I'm happy for him that he's busy, but I won't be a repeat customer after this. To me, customer service speaks volumes about a business.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
"He pointed out getting inventory has been difficult due to COVID-19, and now anticipates issues caused by the protests/riots."

I'll bet the earthquake in Sumatra, Indonesia has slowed him down too. :D
Sorry about your trouble with JG - I could not resist. :cheers:

Reactions: domin8ss

·
Registered
706 Posts
Call the man. last time I did, he answered on the 2nd ring.
I was. All calls went to voicemail. We even scheduled phone calls via email. He'd never answer when I called at the times arranged. He never returned voice messages. It's not like I was harassing him daily. Previous to any attempt to contact him on 5/29 there was no attempted communication between us since late April. I posted it all above yesterday. Please see post #94.

·
Registered
706 Posts
"He pointed out getting inventory has been difficult due to COVID-19, and now anticipates issues caused by the protests/riots."

I'll bet the earthquake in Sumatra, Indonesia has slowed him down too. :D
Sorry about your trouble with JG - I could not resist. :cheers:
You forgot about the ones in Fiji and Alaska

·
N.R.A life member. G.O.A member
1,088 Posts
I was. All calls went to voicemail. We even scheduled phone calls via email. He'd never answer when I called at the times arranged. He never returned voice messages. It's not like I was harassing him daily. Previous to any attempt to contact him on 5/29 there was no attempted communication between us since late April. I posted it all above yesterday. Please see post #94.

WOW. I would be a little disappointed also. Sorry you had a problem.

·
S. S. Squirrel
2,374 Posts
You paid what?! :crazy::animlol: Ofcourse you were disappointed, the glock trigger cannot be made better without defeating the safeties. The trigger can be made slightly smoother, but not $360 worth.

Do yourself a favor and learn to shoot your glock stock, you cannot buy skill.

·
S. S. Squirrel
2,374 Posts
Every year there is a new batch of kids with glocks and Charlatans to sell them crap they dont need. Instabookcraptube has only made it worse.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Every year there is a new batch of kids with glocks and Charlatans to sell them crap they dont need. Instabookcraptube has only made it worse.
Still wayyyy cheaper than some triggers I’ve had done in the past. Not on a gun as cheap as a Glock but personally I see some value. If I’m between a $1000 Sig and a $500 Glock and $360 makes me happy with the Glock and that’s the gun I want I see the value in that.

FYI you couldn’t make a Glocks serrated trigger shoe worse if you tried short of putting razor wire on it. If I was just EDC and never shooting my Glock I wouldn’t worry but I’ve almost emptied my ammo bucket of 1000 rounds I bought around April 23. The flat trigger was a $115 well spent.

101 - 120 of 166 Posts