GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 166 Posts

·
Boatswain's Mate
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Seems the real issue here is that JG should have waited until he had a complete package before sending out the trigger.
Maybe you are right. I myself am not so sure that the missing piece, which is the entire striker assembly, is going to make all that much of a difference. But the man sure does know his stuff, and I hope that it will. So I'm going to wait and see.

I guess it may be my own expectations that did me in. I watched a video JG put out within a couple of weeks ago. This video is what enticed me to order the trigger and spend the money that I spent. And had the trigger worked out in my gun the way it did in JG's video, I would have been so satisfied with it that I would have happily paid another $360 to get a trigger just like it for another Glock.

The video I am speaking about actually compared the JG Combat Trigger, with the JG Competition Trigger. In the video he performed several pull tests and the Combat Trigger was getting 3.5 lbs pull consistently. The Competition Trigger was getting 2.something lbs, I can't remember. I do remember him saying that the Competition Trigger was "sub 3 lbs" which I think is too light for carry.

Anyone interested can go to JG's YouTube channel and just search his videos. It is going to be one of the newer videos, if not the newest one on his channel. Very interesting for sure. I hope I get it fixed.

·
Registered
694 Posts
In my carry pistol, G 21.4, I leave some pretravel and a wall in my trigger pull due to adrenaline under stress. I changed out some springs but not all to get where I want to be. The most important thing, in my opinion, is learn your trigger when you get it where you want it. I don't care if my trigger breaks at 3.5 lbs or 5 lbs, I know where it's going to break. That to me is the secret to accuracy, but that's just me.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I always recommend the 1000 round Trigger Job.
Which does almost nothing to a well lubricated Glock trigger assembly.
Actually shooting is what makes the difference between Grand Masters and Distinguished Masters and those who never get pass Marksman or Sharpshooter class.

Reactions: buster55

·
Boatswain's Mate
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
What about a Jedi Master, and a Jedi Grand Master?

Or anybody who thinks they are one?

·
Free Full Clip!
17,111 Posts
If you want a 3 pund trigger that can be safely carried, get a 1911. Otherwise just invest $360.00 in ammo and learn how to shoot your Glock.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Hopefully he gets your straightened out.

Also, consider that weight isn’t everything. I’d take a consistent wall and break at 4 pounds long before a mushy, sticky 3 pounds.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I don't care if my trigger breaks at 3.5 lbs or 5 lbs, I know where it's going to break. That to me is the secret to accuracy, but that's just me.
Yep I agree. Along with a strong and relatively quick reset, and As long as it breaks for me at the right spot - I prefer it to break as my finger hits a 90 degree bend.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Maybe you are right. I myself am not so sure that the missing piece, which is the entire striker assembly, is going to make all that much of a difference. But the man sure does know his stuff, and I hope that it will. So I'm going to wait and see.

I
It will make a difference, at least it has in mine....remember the back edge of the connector rides on the striker and moves downward as the trigger is pulled until it reaches a point that the striker is released. It only makes sense that a shiny polished surface will offer less resistance than a machined surface....I'm not sure if he changes the angle on the surface of the striker that the connector rides against or just stones/polishes it, but it DOES make a difference....

YMMV

Lon

·
Registered
424 Posts
Seems the real issue here is that JG should have waited until he had a complete package before sending out the trigger.
Maybe, maybe not......this whole delays because of this virus is a new thing for everyone, and everyone is struggling trying to figure it out. I myself am waiting on a striker assembly from him for my 19.....I'm not going to beat him up because he shipped what he had.....my trigger is better, just not as good as it will be when I have all the parts.....

YMMV

Lon

Reactions: Seaweed02

·
Boatswain's Mate
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Maybe, maybe not......this whole delays because of this virus is a new thing for everyone, and everyone is struggling trying to figure it out. I myself am waiting on a striker assembly from him for my 19.....I'm not going to beat him up because he shipped what he had.....my trigger is better, just not as good as it will be when I have all the parts.....

YMMV

Lon
Sounds like so far you have had a similar experience to what I had. Ordered a trigger system for a good chunk of change, and it wasn't what I expected it to be. I expected it to be like the pistol JG featured on his newest video. But like you, I'm willing to wait and see if the striker assembly makes the difference.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Sounds like so far you have had a similar experience to what I had. Ordered a trigger system for a good chunk of change, and it wasn't what I expected it to be. I expected it to be like the pistol JG featured on his newest video. But like you, I'm willing to wait and see if the striker assembly makes the difference.
Yep, I am still waiting on the striker for my 19. I know it makes a difference, because his combat trigger with the striker is what I have on both my 43 and 48. I tested the trigger pulls on both after installing the trigger and before installing the striker (sorry, I don't remember the numbers, didn't write it down) but I do know that it made a difference in the pull weight, and specifically in the feel of the pull and crisped (is that a word?) up the break just a bit.....

YMMV

Lon

Reactions: Seaweed02

·
NRA Life Member
63,394 Posts
I just thought if this thread when I saw somebody trying to sell a used Johnny Glock trigger and striker set for $250.

You can look at the thing and see that it's stock Glock parts I can buy for $30-40 on eBay, polished up exactly the way I do it at home with some flitz and 20 minutes worth of effort. The Johnny Glock guy has really cornered the market on something...I can't say what without further insulting everybody who paid a stack of cash for these lightly buffed and heavily priced parts.

·
Boatswain's Mate
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I just thought if this thread when I saw somebody trying to sell a used Johnny Glock trigger and striker set for $250.

You can look at the thing and see that it's stock Glock parts I can buy for $30-40 on eBay, polished up exactly the way I do it at home with some flitz and 20 minutes worth of effort. The Johnny Glock guy has really cornered the market on something...I can't say what without further insulting everybody who paid a stack of cash for these lightly buffed and heavily priced parts.
Yep, I agree and I'm one of those people who paid out a stack of money, then ended up taking that crap out and polishing my own OEM parts, and ordering some reduced power springs. The trigger pull on my Glock 45 is now just a little over 3 lbs.

I can say the same thing for Overwatch Precision also.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
...I can say the same thing for Overwatch Precision also.
Overwatch Precision is one of the only triggers I will use along with Apex Tactical. Both of those companies use stock trigger bars ordered directly from Glock. I think the OP Poly DAT at $60 is one of the best values out there for a trigger. I usually get the polished bar with mine instead of the Np3 and I haven't had any issues with them. I've never tried a JG, although I've read the reviews like everyone else. I just have a hard time parting with that much cash for a trigger when all I'm really looking to do is get to a flat face shoe. For the rest, polishing and a minus connector or Ghost Ultimate connector gets me to where I want to be.

61 - 80 of 166 Posts