Jobs in michigan???

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Jvrobel_30, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Jvrobel_30

Jvrobel_30 G19 owner

I am posting because I am in need of a job. I am wondering if anyone has any postions available at a place they work or business they own? Or if you know of any... It is getting hard to support my GF and 1 year old son.

I have been working on my cousins farm for around 7 years, but the last couple years his little brother has gained intrest and wanted a job. So that leaves me without a job. I have also been working as an elctrical apprentice for the last 2 years off and on. The guy was kind of a half *** business owner and things havent worked out with him anymore either. I like to think I am a hard determined worker ho catches on to any job fairly fast. I have not worked since November 14th, and I am starting to run low on options. So I am open to most anyhting. Have looked through the local ads and such, but refuse to work for minimum wadge at a fast food place or store...

Thought this couldnt hurt, so thank you for your help in advance!

Jeremy

Forgot I live south of Kalamazoo, MI.

2. okie

okie GT Mayor

Best of luck to ya my friend, I hope you can find a job soon:angel:

3. Jvrobel_30

Jvrobel_30 G19 owner

Thank you, hopefully before I have to start selling guns! Have already began to sell some tools... :(

4. HKUSP45Css

HKUSP45Css

I feel your pain, my fiance' has been unemployed since March and things are getting tighter and tighter around the house. I hope, very soon, your luck turns around.

On a lighter note, judging from all of the Michigan plates I see in Houston, I'm surprised there's anyone left in the state to do any of the jobs that might come up. So, at least your competition pool is slimming down :tongueout:

5. Bucky69

Bucky69 True Gravity

Can you coach a "college" football team in ann arbor? There may be an opening there pretty soon.

6. captainstormy

captainstormy

:rofl:

I feel for ya. My fiancée got laid off in May. Its been rough. She recently found work as a tax preparer though. You have to take a course and pass a test but it was only 60 bucks and around a month of classes. Might be a little late to start that now though.

Best of luck to ya man.

7. community

community Member

best wishes. Michigan has a 10% unemployment rate. Detroit has a 48% unemployment rate. Jobs are scare around here. Auto industry still laying off employees.

but, health care, nurses are hiring. my son is in nursing school.

8. Jvrobel_30

Jvrobel_30 G19 owner

and with the recent weather i would like to offer my services snow plowing as well. i do have a plow for my truck, but have a hard time drumming up buisness there too. most people have a guy for it already it seems...

9. Jvrobel_30

Jvrobel_30 G19 owner

10. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

Have you tried looking outside your state? Moving may or may not be an easy option, but I think you should consider it.