job hunting

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by mpatch, Feb 9, 2010.

1. mpatch

mpatch

why is it that everbody wants a resume? I can understand for a "real" job but looking at the help wanted adds I find it funny that a lot of $8-$9 dollar and hour jobs want a resume. What do they think somebody who is applying for a low/entry level job is going to have to put on a resume? sorry rant off!!!

2. buckhunter3987

buckhunter3987

Well in this market they have ample amounts of people who they can hire and therefore can be picky about who they hire. Just type up a resume with what ever you can and send it in. A resume shows that you are a professional person and not just some kid who wants a paycheck and isn't going to put forth any real effort. It weeds out the most lazy of people, because they are too lazy to sit down for 10 minutes and type up a resume. :wavey:

3. area727

area727 G23

Maybe mpatch is one of the lazy kids you refer to :whistling:

ok, relax, only kidding.

4. DR. HOUSE

DR. HOUSE Everybody Lies

We do it just to see how bad they want a job mostly. If their to lazy to fill out a resume, their to lazy for the job.

just a little something that helps to weed em out.

5. SIUC4

SIUC4 Glockness

A Resume says ample amounts about the quality of person that is trying to get into the entry level job market. As stated above, just taking the time to create a resume already puts you ahead of alot of people trying to get into entry level positions. For many of these jobs they will only be glanced at by the employer anyways, that is why having a Resume that "pops" will keep your name in the employers head when he starts getting interviews together. If you need some help getting a resume started PM and I can set you up with some good templates.

6. mpatch

mpatch

having friends that work in HR and the number of resumes they receive that dont even get looked at is scary. I worked in an office setting for a short time and the number of applications and resumes that went straight into the shredder was almost funny. Everything from "director of drive through operations" (guy worked at a fast food joint) to "CEO of xxxx company" (but the company had 3 employees and mowed lawns). I have been self empolyed for most of my working days and until now never needed a resume. So yes I am that lazy bastard. :tongueout: