Job boxes: Knaack/Rigid/Site Safe?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by hatidua, Feb 24, 2010.

1. hatidua

hatidua

Does anyone here have any experience with the 'Better Built' "Site Safe" job box (sold at Lowes)?

They apparently have 14 gauge steel vs. the 16 gauge used in Knaack/Rigid boxes but the lock holes on the front appear different in photos (I've not seen one in person).

Any feedback would be appreciated.

2. Hartford

Hartford

Is it for the construction site, or home use? Will you be worrying about people trying to get inside? Knaack makes some of the best boxes with rigid right there. I haven't seen either of the better built and site safe boxes on construction sites.

3. oceanwarrior

oceanwarrior

Knaack makes the Rigid tool boxes for Home Depot,same as a Knaack but painted orange and marked Rigid.
    Knack makes two lines of boxes,the lower line uses 2 locks to secure the lid.
    The Knaack Jobmaster series uses only 1 lock and has a crossbar locking system that is easier to use and is pretty strong.
    If you value your tools,buy a Knaack Jobmaster box.
    You pay more but they are heavier built and will not crack on the corners if you transport your box a lot.
    Also, Knaack boxes withstand the abuse of construction areas much better than all other brands.
    I own 3 of them,will buy another if I need a box!

oceanwarrior

4. bigj480

bigj480 CLM

I can't really say which is better, but if you're getting one of the tall boxes I would stay away from the slanted-top units. The two piece folding top units are decent, but I prefer the standard front door type. I see mainly Knaack boxes on the job, by a GOOD margin.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  5. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

truth