jethro alabang reloads and glocks

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by vic2_187, Sep 27, 2005.

1. vic2_187

vic2_187

hello,

has anyone ever shot at the jethro range in alabang with the house reloads???

im planning on being a member there, and they charge corkage if you bring your own bullets...

does anyone have any experience with shooting reloads at jethro thru their glocks? are there reloads safe for our glocks?

2. 9MX

9MX Rei!

gauge the reloads first using your glock barrel.
    if you're shooting lead, inspect barrel after 50 or 100 rounds to ensure a managed barrel foul up.

3. Allegra

Allegra

Try the range at BUCOR din

4. mirko128

mirko128

I'm practicing this now. So far, it has prevented any more failures/jams. Although I'm not (yet) using lead heads, still FMJ.

Dati, yung mga buntis na cartridge, ayaw mag feed na. I discarded them for now, but I'll experiment later and see if they'll still fire on the norinco (.45).

5. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

i used to shoot at jethro ortigas. i'd say 80% of their shells were "buntis" so puro jam ang glock. nagmarunong yung guy doon and said my pistol was too dry to talagang pinaliguan niya ng oil ang glock ko. ayun, puro jam din. so i gauged all first before firing para hindi bitin ang session.

6. maomanila

maomanila

A law enforcer friend of mine has suggested a first aid / quick fix for glock barrels laced with lead at the range:

At the end of a session firing leads, load up with factory FMJs (Armscor will do)and fire off at least 3 rounds. My friend said that doing this will somehow help clean up the barrel!?!?

Maybe 1 FMJ after 50 rounds of lead, or 3 FMJ after 100 lead...

7. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

hi maomanila!

from what i recall from past discussions of BOGs, shooting an fmj after using lead is a no-no. i think it makes the lead build up worse . . . or something like that :)

cheers!

8. toxic

toxic

I second Sir ppts799..not just in GT but in other forums : experienced shooters and Smiths said that shooting fmj after lead will not only worsen lead build up- it will also damage the riffling of your boomer or it will KABOOM. Pagamitin mo na lang ng Barrel Brush or BoreSnake after 100-200 lead Rounds...Ingat lang po sa KABOOM.

9. ssss8888

ssss8888

i've shot fmj reloads of armscor in their MCS branch. jams a lot in my G17. it this normal for fmj reloads?

10. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

hi mao, its not a good idea to shoot fmj in a barrel with heavy leading. it will increase the chamber pressure due to the added resistance(lead) in the bore. especially in polygonal barrels (wich they say has a tighter seal). try brushing it every hundred rounds:)

hi ssss8888, probably the reloader did not resize the cases properly. the buntis brass will not feed properly in your chamber. and that is a sign of poor quality reloading.

11. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

Nope, jamming of any kind shouldn't be seen as normal. Since your G17 is quite new and Glocks can digest anything except for semi-wads with broad shoulders(at least my G30 doesn't like them) the problem must be tired or overused brass. Try gauging the bullets before using them or disassemble your gun and gauge them against the barrel itself. Another possible cause is....that particular batch of reloads may have been underloaded, with your new springs and all, the gun may not have been able to cycle properly.

12. atmarcella

atmarcella

good reloaders have good resizing dies, good resizing dies eliminate buntis in the brass/shells caused by stock glock barrels, thereby curing jams;f ask your reloader what kind of resizing dies they use, the good ones are by LEE and EGW:)

13. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

Some info on pistol resizing dies.

Some resizing dies are flared at the bottom part for ease of entry for the brass especially when using a progressive reloading press. This results in the brass not resized in the flared portion completely. Brass fired from unsupported barrels and resized this way may not chamber correctly.

The LEE resizing/decapping die allows the full length of the brass to be resized. The EGW is similar to LEE but made undersize for tight/match chambers. The LEE Factory Crimp Die allows the full length resizing of the finished round.

14. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Maselang talaga ang Glock barrels. It won't digest slightly deformed shells used in my Beretta 9mm, which will digest anything. That's what I learned through the years: Use and reload your brand new shells EXCLUSIVELY for the Glock.

15. atmarcella

atmarcella

ang kagandahan ng egw dies which "judge" uses when he reloads for me is that kung bogbog sarado na talaga ang shell, di nya na ma resize, that's the time i throw them away:)

16. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Gunpowder Adik

Pagka may dala akong sariling bala may corkage na i-charge sa akin sa range at magkano? Standard ba ito sa lahat ng range? Used shell kukunin ko at reload ulit?

Kung kanila galing yung bala, wala ng corkage, pero yung shell afterwards puwede ko ipa-reload sa iba or by practice maiiwan sa kanila as in putok lang ang binayaran ko or the whole ammo at I gain right to the shell para ipa-reload or gawing keychain.

Clarification lang para hindi ako magmukhang ewan sa range diba.

17. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Usually, sa indoor ranges lang may corkage, 1 peso yata isa. If you bring your own ammo, you also take home your brass. If you get the reloads from the range, you have to leave the brass.

18. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Gunpowder Adik

Batangueno

Thanks sa info.

19. jerrytrini

jerrytrini

"Buntis" is the result of poor crimping. Tinatamad seguro ang nag-reload for QA. If you reload your own, check a finished one every dozen or so. Ang problem ng mass production is QA. The crimping stage (dies) have seen better days and needs to be replaced.

20. atmarcella

atmarcella

hi sir jerry,
    sir yung na gather ko na info naman about to tight a crimp is that pressures spike resulting in a KB, kasi meron kami nag re reload dito before na ang ginagawa nya para mka tipid sa gunpowder was to crimp the bullets very tight, kasi mas lumalakas daw ang putok pag tight ang crimp, after a while me nag KB sa isa sa customers nya, taurus pt92 yung baril, sabi nang ibang members "on the know" yon daw ang reason bakit sumabog yon, anyway that's from what i gather:)