Jesse Ventura

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by u4ea, Feb 14, 2010.

1. u4ea

u4ea

2. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    People can say what they want about Jesse, but when he was Gov it was the first/only time I received a rebate from surplus taxes.

TBO

3. u4ea

u4ea

People knock him because he looks like he's homeless and he has an opinion. I love the guy, though!

4. Davegrave

Davegrave Dapper Dan

I like Jesse. I swear I do. And i love his political viewpoints on most issues. But really? Who would elect him?
    With his Conspiracy Theory show?
    No chance. We just need someone with similar policies, but a, not so "far out" persona.

5. u4ea

u4ea

I live in Minnesota, and when he was running back in 98 no one gave him a chance. They said he would get laughed off the ballot. He ended up winning. Give it 2 more years of Barrack Hussein and I am sure people will GLADLY vote for Ventura/Paul in 2012. They will be in the "it can't get any worse than this so F it" mindset.

6. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    I also like the fact that he shared what was on his mind. If he intended on passing/changing a law, he said so, at the time he thought of it.

This gave you lead time if you wanted to oppose/support what he intended to do.

Pretty rare to have a politician speak his mind so openly.

What did him in (killed his ambition to be in public office) was getting dragged down into a nasty fight with the media.

You can't win a media war with folks who buy ink in 55 gallon barrels.

7. BlackPaladin

BlackPaladin

He would have my vote, best governor we ever had.

8. u4ea

u4ea

Anyone who wants to see what a real man Jesse is, look on youtube for his appearance on the Opie and Anthony show. I can't post the link here due to profanity.

9. u4ea

u4ea

x2. I didn't vote for either Obama or McCain. They're both laughable. Jesse needs to cut his hair, tone down his attitude a tad and I think he could really make a run. When the election talks start and Obama has driven us even further into despair I think Jesse has a decent shot.

10. u4ea

u4ea

11. badge315

badge315

I'm a regular O&A listener and I've heard all his interviews...if anything, they make me think he's a nutcase.

Two words...thermite paint. :upeyes:

12. u4ea

u4ea

Opie and Anthony attacked him and tried to pile on him. Jesse is a patriot. Sometimes he doesn't have enough patience for "chicken hawks" like Opie and Anthony, but he's a good guy. He felt attacked and spoke his mind. That's not a bad thing in my opinion. Better than a "yes man" like Obama, who looks like everything he says is read off of a teleprompter.

13. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

Oh God............no!

14. u4ea

u4ea

15. u4ea

u4ea

"Since when are we the policemen of the world? And if we are, at least we should get paid for it." - Jesse Ventura

16. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

Sorry guys. Interesting and entertaining character. But I don't want a 9/11 conspiracy nutjob as the POTUS.

17. badge315

badge315

I don't know which interview you heard, but that is bull**t. Jim Norton debated him, nothing more. I suppose you forgot Jesse's veiled threat of "you have to sleep sometime", huh? :upeyes:

And if JV's such an uber-patriot, why does he live in Mexico?

18. u4ea

u4ea

I didn't hear all of the interviews. I am not a talk radio listener, but I saw some clips on YouTube. I am referring to the show that Jesse walked out of the studio during the show. He lives in Mexico because he is re-charging his batteries for 2012, and he loves to surf. No oceans to surf in where he's from (Minnesota)

19. Twisted Steel

Twisted Steel And Sex Appeal

Why does he (Jim 'the Dirty' Janos) get away with pretending to be an ex Navy SEAL when he wasn't? Any other celeb or person making that false claim would be hounded and pounded. Every time I see Ventura he is wearing a SEAL hat proclaiming something he isn't.

Has he ever even had a conversation where SEAL didn't come up?

Does he still hate to bathe?